Thursday, August 18, 2011

Los Angeles

LA Trip… scatterbrained and imperfect-but here it is.
This trip was for Sy-he graduated High School. In 2006 for Seth’s graduation we went on a cruise to Mexico and we stopped in for an Angels game.

In 2008 for mine we went to Ohio and New York to go to Cedar Point and see the Church History sites.


SUNDAY:

Subway for lunch: Veggie Delight (all veggies except jalapenos on honey oat bread with mustard and vinegar)

In the car: Salt and Vinegar Pringles, Mixed Nuts, Tootsie Rolls (MY FAVORITE), Sweedish Fish (another favorite), applesauce, apples, grapes, water.

(We arrived in Vegas. We stayed the night at my Granny and Grandpa’s house.)

Dinner @ Taco Bell: (confession- I LOVE TACO BELL! It is EASILY my favorite fast food restaurant… and because I am cheap, I eat there plenty. That was the worst part of NYC-I never was close enough to a Taco Bell) This time I got a Mexican Pizza (that I shared with my mom) and a Cheesy Gordita Crunch. (my other choices are a chicken grilled stuff burrito, tostada, or a bean burrito with green sauce and sour cream.


Very eventful day huh.... which is why there is so much food detail.. I was bored when I wrote that section apparently..

MONDAY:

Breakfast: Toaster Strudel, Pringles, and Tootsie Rolls…..  mmm.. healthy. I feel sick. Ha.

Bain's melted breakfast
hazy LA
We made it to LA safely. Our first stop was a street art show that Sy was dying to see. It was pretty cool-he loved it.


We were starving and in Korean town….. you know what that means… sketchy Korean place for lunch. Bain and I weren’t too excited but my dad and Sy were. They loved it. Bain and I…not so much. I thought I’d be fine-it was mostly meat but I just was already not feeling well and I am not the HUGEST oriental food fan so it wasn’t the best mix.

our expressions say it all... haha
outside the restaurant on the sidewalk.... I wish I had pie

We then went to MOOD!! Yay. I got some fabric-for a skirt and other projects.


The main reason we came to LA was to see the Phillies play the Dodgers. We are big baseball fans and we actually know someone on the Phillies team who can get us tickets!! We were the host family for David Herndon (pitcher) in 2007 when he played for the Orem Owlz. The game was fun! We won! And we got to try the famous Dodger Dog-YUMMY (hot dog complete with mustard, onions, and relish).



TUESDAY:
We woke up and ate breakfast at Denny’s then we drove up to Malibu along the Pacific Coast Highway before arriving at the Santa Monica Pier. We walked along the beach (I think it was my first time on a California beach), got burned (even with sunscreen-I’m like a lobster), Dad Sy and Bain braved the ice water and got fully in the ocean (mom and I put our feet in) then we went to the pier. We walked around and got funnel cake!!! And continued to get burned… It was chilly and deceiving. We had no idea how bad we were until we got home.

We cleaned up at the hotel then went back to Dodger’s Stadium for game 2. We won again!!! It was pretty cold tonight but still tons of fun. GO PHILLIES!! I had a burrito and a frozen banana, peanuts and tootsie rolls (I think I’ve pretty much eaten the whole big bag….)


Confession-I am not a big LA fan… at all. I want New York City.
WEDNESDAY:
We drove back to Vegas to spend the day there with my grandparents while dad did some work. We visited my Aunt and Uncle who recently moved to Vegas and then went shopping. We naturally went to the J.Crew outlet then to Urban Outfitters and H&M. We also ate dinner at Serendipity. It was again-no quite NYC… I was rather disappointed.


THURSDAY:
We woke up bright and early to drive home so I could get to work by 2.

It was so much fun!!!! Thanks Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment