Sunday, August 14, 2011

lovely sunday.

Taylor and I went to Maria's homecoming today. I knew her when I was at my first semester at FIT. She left on her mission that winter and now she recently returned from Australia filled with the pure light of Christ and an exceptional testimony. 

Terribly unflattering picture of Maria and I at FHE. Fall 2009

 This took place up in Draper so Tay and I decided to drive to the temple. After getting lost and looking at beautiful houses we finally made it. I LOVE the Draper temple.

image via

I had the opportunity to go to the open house of the Temple and see all the beautiful rooms that I won't be able to see again until I am married-I am excited to see them again!!

where I may get married someday.. image via

Tay and I went to the open house together and I also went with my family.

after the open house-Feb 2009

with the family and our Sweden exchange students

Talyn and I did Baptisms at this temple too on our summer tour.

image via

summer 2009

If I can't get married in the Manhattan Temple-I wouldn't mind this lovely temple to be the one where I am eternally sealed to my love.

- - - - -

The other day Taylor asked me who my favorite character in the Book of Mormon is... I didn't have an answer for him. Today I do. 
Moroni. 
For his courage, strength, leadership, dedication, love, faith.

I am currently reading about him in my personal reading (for those of you following the summer reading plan that Talyn and I put together I am a bit behind but I have a revised schedule that should have me completing the Book of Mormon by the time school starts (2 weeks)) he is simply put-a hero.

Title of Liberty (Alma 46:12-13)
"...he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it-In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children-and he fastened it upon the end of a pole. And he fastened on his head plate, and his breastplate, and his shields, and girded on his armor about his loins; and he took the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat, (and he called it the title of liberty) and he bowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren, so long as there should a band of Christians remain to possess the land."

war hero and leader

My favorite verses about Moroni Alma 48:11-12, 17
"And Moroni was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of a perfect understanding; yea, a man that did not delight in bloodshed; a man whose soul did joy in the liberty and the freedom of his country, and his brethren from bondage and slavery; Yea, a man whose heart did swell with thanksgiving to his God for the many privileges and blessings which he bestowed upon his people; a man who did labor exceedingly for the welfare and safety of his people...If all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; ya, the devil would never have power over the children of men."

Read more about Moroni HERE!

hiding the golden plates in the Hill Cumorah


Hill Cumorah- Summer 2008 (my Sr. trip)

Angel Moroni appearing to Joseph Smith

Angel Moroni stands on every Temple

- - - - -

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment