Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wednesday and Saturday.

My two eventful days this week.
Well.. I guess everyday is eventful-
mostly my days consist of:

TA Jazz @ BYU (my last day was last Thursday)
Avenia Bridal
Work on Katie's Dress
Hang out with Taylor (when he finishes his homework)

Wednesday and Saturday were a little out of the norm...I had the day off work, it was date night, and I had my camera.

Wednesday.

Katie's dress! It fit beautifully!!!

On Tuesday I laid out the fabric and made my first cut (AHH!!!), my mom made homemade rootbeer for the first time! and I hung out with Bainy-she wanted ice cream so naturally we went to Farr's and we watched 'Pretty Little Liars.'

laying out the fabric and pattern
I cut out my lining and sequin fabric at the same time-and the pattern is actually part of the dress, it is what I used for her last fitting. The sequin fabric is a knit so I am using the woven "pattern" piece as a structured base. 

a little poke, a little blood (no worries Katie none got on your dress)
the first cut

sequins EVERYWHERE!

treats in-between


Wednesday I made the first seam!!! and then sewed up the rest of the bodice. Katie came over to try it on and she LOVED IT!! It was perfect. I've still got a ton to do but it is coming along nicely.

The hard part was sewing the knit sequin fabric to the woven base fabric because one stretches and one doesn't. I sewed them right on top of each other and then I sewed the seams. 

first seam
YAY all sewn
Katie's reaction
Katie in her lovely dress


We planned a triple date-Katie and Daren, Emily and Matt, Me and Taylor (my 3 besties from FIT with our men) complete with Zupas, the Orem Owlz Baseball game, and The Chocolate. (It didn't go quite as planned but it was still a BLAST!) I loved being able to see both Katie and Emily today.



Saturday.

I had some errands to run before heading to California. (It is finals week for Taylor and since I won't be there I got him some good luck presents...) and there was a sale at Banana Republic. (I LOVE good deals). Tay picked me up at 5:30 and we went to Cafe Rio for dinner-then went bowling-then went to the play AIDA at the Scera Shell. It was so much fun!!!

one for each day

bowling
AIDA

Now I am in Vegas (pit stop at Granny and Grandpa's before we head to LA tomorrow morning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment