Wednesday, October 26, 2011

currently

It's weird... 
I actually have a life outside of the library this week.
First time all semester.
Yesterday I made yummy treats with Talyn

best marshmallow caramel corn EVER!

caramel chocolate covered pretzels

caramel, white chocolate, cinn. & sugar.

fun goodies for friends!

Today I spoke with the newly wed on the phone.
Had dinner with Emily at Zupas.
Went for a long over-due trip to the temple.


and remembered why I love the Book of Mormon so much. 

Ether.

2:25 (Lord speaking) "And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come, Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?"

-this is exactly how I feel these days-

3:2 (Brother of Jared speaking) "O Lord, thous hast said that we must be encompassed about by the floods. Now behold, O lord, and do not be angry with they servant because of his weakness before thee; for we know that thou art holy and dwellest in the heavens, and that we are unworthy before thee...nevertheless, O Lord, thou has given us a commandment that we must call upon thee, that from thee we may receive according to our desires..(:4) I know...that thous hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, with they finger and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness...that we may have light while we shall cross the sea..(:5) thou canst do this. We know that thou art able to show forth great power."

-pure faith. God will get us through, he will provide an answer if we ask with FAITH and listen for the answer. this is something I need to work on. I want to have faith like the brother of Jared-

3:6 "..The Lord stretched forth his hand and touched the stones one by one with his finger..."
-the Lord answered, He always does-

3:26 "..If he (Brother of Jared...aka US) would believe in him (the Lord) that he could show unto him all things-it should be shown unto him; therefore the Lord could not withhold anything from him, for he knew that the Lord could show him all things."

-the more we believe, the more faith we have, the more light we can receive, the more we can know, the closer to God we will become-

Basically...
It's fall.


This means
Hot Chocolate.
Warm fires.
Cozy blankets.
Wool coats.
Fuzzy socks.
Yummy sweets.

and ONLY 4 weeks til Thanksgiving!! 
(remember, it's my favorite...and I've been away from home for the past two so I am SUPER excited......PIE FEST!!!!!!!)

A couple weeks ago I was stopped on campus so I could get a picture taken... 


Happy fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment