Thursday, October 13, 2011

just one of those days..

  1. tired
  2. blood shot eyes
  3. stomach ache
  4. getting a cold
  5. printer broken
  6. running late
  7. mental/physical breakdown
  8. headache
  9. hungry
  10. did I mention tired....
and I haven't even taken my first test yet.... 

So.. I try and remember this

“Even when you feel the truth of [the] capacity and kindness of the Lord to deliver you in your trials, it may still test your courage and strength to endure. The Prophet Joseph Smith cried out in agony in a dungeon: 

“ ‘O God, where are thou? And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?’(D&C 121:1–2). . . .

“The Lord’s reply has helped me and can encourage us all in times of darkness. Here it is: ‘My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes’ (D&C 121:7–8).”

 
('thine afflictions shall be but a small moment....peace be unto they soul')
 
 
“Our challenges, including those we create by our own decisions, are part of our test in mortality. Let me assure you that your situation is not beyond the reach of our Savior. Through Him, every struggle can be for our experience and our good (see D&C 122:7). Each temptation we overcome is to strengthen us, not destroy us. The Lord will never allow us to suffer beyond what we can endure (see 1 Corinthians 10:13). 

“We must remember that the adversary knows us extremely well. He knows where, when, and how to tempt us. If we are obedient to the promptings of the Holy Ghost, we can learn to recognize the adversary’s enticements. Before we yield to temptation, we must learn to say with unflinching resolve, ‘Get thee behind me, Satan’ (Matthew 16:23).” 

 
Fear and discouragenment, lack of faith and frustration.. Those are from Satan.
 
“My message to you today, my brothers and sisters, is simply this: the Lord is in control. He knows the end from the beginning. He has given us adequate instruction that, if followed, will see us safely through any crisis. His purposes will be fulfilled, and someday we will understand the eternal reasons for all of these events. Therefore, today we must be careful to not overreact, nor should we be caught up in extreme preparations; but what we must do is keep the commandments of God and never lose hope!”

 
('today we must be careful to not overreact, nor should we be caught up in extreme preparations...never lose hope!') 
 
I also noticed that listening to quiet instrumental hymns while doing homework REALLY calms me down. It's now my new favorite thing! Try-it when you're having a long hard day.  You'll feel better. I promise.


1 comment: