Sunday, September 6, 2009

another PERFECT sunday... testimony style

Sorry i write almost EVERYDAY but... i figure once school gets going I will have less time to write and since my life is so interesting...haha, I might as well write now while i can...


Here is my Dorm building, here is my FIT campus and here is my church, honestly nothing is really that exciting and it is kind of hard to take pictures since everything is so tall and big.... But I tried...

Since it is Fast and Testimony Sunday i think i will leave you all with my testimony. It is such a beautiful, relaxing, perfect day that I can't think of any better way to spend it then sitting on my comfy bed and reminding myself of the many things i am grateful for.

I am so grateful that I have a constant in my life. The Gospel has provided us all with a comfort, a place where we can go and feel accepted no matter where on earth we may be. I look forward to church so much here because I am not surrounded with the gospel everyday like i am back home. It is so interesting to talk to my friends from home and realizing that so much of my conversations revolve around the gospel... and i love that. The gospel is such a MAJOR piece in my life and it is so hard when it can't be the topic of every discussion, here the only gospel talk i get is in the scriptures and in my prayers. I am so happy that i get that time with my Heavenly Father, time to communicate with my Creator, my Father, my Redeemer, and my Light. I know that the Lord is constantly by my side, daily, at every hour. I feel His love for me here more than I ever have before because it is the only Christ like love that i am surrounded with. At home I am surrounded by amazing people who are a light to me and who emanate Christ's love, which truly is amazing, but here I am able to recognize that what i feel comes from God. That he loves me and is helping me here in NYC. I am grateful for Christ's hand in my life and I am grateful for my loving family and for missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment