Friday, September 4, 2009

Let me update you on my classes....

3 H. Flat pattern design: creating and calculating measurements on paper that can be transferred to fabric into a finished garment. We are basically learning how to make patterns that are bought from stores.

14 H. Draping (Soft and Structured Silhouettes): We create patterns by using muslin (fabric) and actually pinning it onto dress forms where we style and work with the shape to make it fit correctly. So basically we never have a PAPER pattern, our fabric that we shape is our only pattern. Final projects are a coat of our design in muslin (not real fabric, unless he changes his mind later) and a finished, sewed, evening dress ON FABRIC! yay I am so excited! We have about 15 or so other small projects as well

3 H. Life Drawing: Yes that includes nudes..............(no comment.) and self portraits... haha wish I would have taken art class in high school... SHOOT

8 H. Fashion Art and Design (Fashion Figure drawing): basically we learn how to draw models that we can then place our designs on. We also learn how to draw certain fabrics and all the other fashion art stuff we need to know...once again.. Drawing......hmmm.. not my thing.

3 H. Sewing: Actually sewing, that way we can actually make the project that we design. Final projects are a skirt and button blouse so it shouldn't be too hard

2 H. Computer (Fashion Photoshop): Basically I don't have any idea how to do anything on computers so I am not exactly sure what the class entails but.... I am not so sure how well it will go for me.

That equals 33 Hours of classes a week! Haha plus homework and projects...

AND please send positive vibes my way!!!! And any notes of encouragement, love, support, advice, optimism, ANYTHING would be grately appreciated, i think it will be hard to keep my confidence up here...... Since I am in the 1 year program every in my program has been to other colleges, well I thought they had pretty much all done what I did, went to a university for liberal arts then came here for fashion... BOY WAS I WRONG.. every single person in my class is either from Korea or has been (and either has an associates or higher degree) from another college. And not just any college or degree in any major, no, they all have either a fine arts major or a fashion major. As in they have all had experience draping and pattern making or are excellent at drawing.. OR BOTH. and i am none of the above. VERY INTIMIDATING. I am defiantly the youngest and least experienced.. so PLEASE PRAY FOR ME! I greatly appreciate it and will need it! I think everyone has had some form of professional Fashion Design training somewhere else except me. So... that is why I treated myself to the best dessert in the world tonight, SERENDIPITY'S "can't say no sundae" haha it was a long week!

And yes this is my mom not Hannah, and yes she was here only a week ago, and yes i did eat the same huge dessert all by myself only a week after i had it with my mom.... Yikes haha! good thing i walk a lot here huh! And yes i will DEFINITELY go back again SOON to get it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment