Monday, September 28, 2009

another week in the city

I swear it is always the weekend... the days FLY by, well actually the days are rather long, but the weeks are gone before I know it. School is good, it is getting harder, I am learning so much! I started going to Institute which is fun, it is at NYU and I get to go with Emily and Katie. It is such a welcome break from the everyday life here at school!

This weekend was nice, Emily and I found this AMAZING Italian restaurant Le Zie. I needed real food haha I have had way too many almond butter and banana sandwiches. I eat one everyday..... so if anyone wants to send over some food cash i would love it! haha I am so kidding! actually I really enjoy my sandwiches.

I went to the most BRILLIANT and IMPRESSIVE place on earth today... the Frick Collection. It was a home converted into a Museum. It is right on 5th by central park, 70th street i think and I recommend it to ALL! Every painting (and there were a ton, they filled every wall in every room) was part of Mr. Frick's personal collection! The house itself is a piece of art, it is beyond anything I have ever seen, I just want to dress up Renaissance style and spend a weekend in there. This Frick guy had good taste too, almost all of my favorite painters were there. It was better than the met, I couldn't take pictures though....there was a Jan van Eyck painting there, and honestly seeing that painting was like seeing Brad Pitt, that is how excited I was! It wasn't my favorite painting of his but it was his and it was beyond description! I even enjoyed the Rococo art he had.... and I don't like Rococo. It was simply magnificent. He had...

Vermeer- MANY
Rembrandt- Self-Portrait
Turner- MANY
Bellini- St. Francis in Ecstasy
Stuart- George Washington
Jan van Eyck- Madonna and Child

Just to name a few. I saw so many paintings I had studied before and it was amazing to me because they weren't in a Museum, well they are but only because they were part of someones own personal collection! I loved it!

I later went to the Relief Society Broadcast with Katie. Here is the Manhattan Temple which is connected to the building that I went to for the broadcast... I didn't take the picture...


Well... I don't have much to say, it was a rather uneventful week but CONFERENCE is next weekend and I can't wait!!!! Oh.. No school today which was excellent! Jewish holiday! and I am going to an AMAZING dessert place tonight called Max brenners. Ah I LOVE FOOD! and especially Dessert, I live for DESSERT!

Also if there are any 'Blue Blood' fans out there the 4th book comes out on October 6th!!!!! YAHOO. and if there are any 'Twilight' fans there is a TV series you should watch. Vampire Diaries on CW. Very good!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment