Monday, October 19, 2009

BRIDAL gowns

I had an amazing opportunity this weekend to attend events at the Bridal Market going on here in the City. Avenia Bridal is based out of Provo Utah and they are bringing custom made and high end BEAUTIES to Utah! They were here all weekend going to shows and meeting with designers that will accommodate to the Utah ways. What makes Avenia unique is the they buy to 'build up' they redesign the bodice to make the dress modest. They don't just add sleeves the new design involves the sleeves so that the whole design is unique, custom, beautiful, continuous, and MODEST. GO AVENIA!!!! Along with that they also custom make complete dresses which is something I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do so it was really nice to tag along as their intern for the weekend.

The dresses were INCREDIBLE!!!!! beyond beautiful. I definitely have a style i've learned and especially this season I LOVE flowers and big necklaces as well as great head pieces. I was actually able to touch the gowns. usually when you go to Saks and try to look at clothes and examine them the workers glare at you and follow you around but here the designers WANTED us to look at detail, the construction, the designs. they wanted us to touch and feel the fabrics. It was PERFECT! and it was such a great opportunity to see what the bridal shows are all about because that is what I want to go into! GO WEDDINGS!!! and if anyone is getting married check out Avenia Bridal www.aveniabridal.com. It was a dream come true weekend!







1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these Bree! I love wedding dresses, I hope that someday I will be good enough of a designer and sewer to make them. Really Beautiful. I hope you are having fun in NYC it sure sounds like it!

    ReplyDelete