Monday, October 5, 2009

I ALMOST made it...

Joann Fabric store has a prom contest every year for girls to submit their sewn dresses. This past year I submitted my Senior Prom Dress and my dress was chosen as one of the top 10 out of 492. The prizes are amazing, lots of $ and sewing supplies BUT..... I didn't win. You are able to look up the contest and the applicants online at www.joann.com/prom and clicking on 2009 prom contest. The first three dresses shown are the first, second, and third place winners. The rest is in alphabetical order and I am number 487, there is a quick search arrow button at the bottom of the slide show and you can just continue to click that until my number. Here is my prom dress if you are too lazy to see the one on the site....


ALSO... here is my second attempt at art...Figures from real life. Chalk and pencil...the one I did in ink looked like an abstract piece of crap so... I did not post that... wet mediums are so hard, I admire artists so much more now that I have actually attempted drawing. It is so so so hard to make a drawing looked like the actual person, to make it unique and individual, wow props to the artists who mastered that! Go photography haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment