Sunday, October 25, 2009

NEW YORK CITY. mormons take manhattan

For our institute activity we were giving clues that traveled us all over the city and it was a blast because I was able to see things here in the city that I haven't seen before. We were placed in groups and my group was EXCELLENT. we had so much fun, our team name was the cross town crew. we were legit! The only person I knew originally in my group was Richard (my 'hot yoga' buddy). The only down fall was that it was RAINING the WHOLE day! and we were outside in it the whole day... but it was still a lot of fun!

A few things we did...
Radio City music hall



AND do the can can, the truck at the end even stopped in the middle of the street so he wouldn't block the camera.. we ARE that important. haha



Then we had to do the famous Times Square Kiss... I kissed Jesse from Princeton. Check that off my list of things to do before I die... haha



We had to go to the New York Library and act out a Harry Potter scene. BUT the video is rather um.... lets just say the one actor in the group was shooting the video so..... ya...I don't think I'll post it



at FAO Schwartz we played the Piano (I took the picture...)



We then went to Bloomingdales and two people had to dress up in a crazy outfit.. we chose the same outfit for both our female and male model. We also saw a parade of about 200 zombies that came through the store... Weird.. kind of crazy, and definitely something I have never seen before! Yikes. They went all out! AND had thriller playing, we don't know who they were but if they were doing it in remembrance of Michael Jackson then I LOVE THEM... but I don't think that was the case





At the Met there was a Samurai Exhibit that we had to act out



Then we went to Central Park and acted out a scene from Enchanted... First off I am NOT an actress, and Second... I don't sing haha. all I wanted to do was run through the grass field... but it was raining. So here is our little attempt at 'how does she know that you love her'......... hahaha oh goodness. Watch the real clip on you tube!



Then we traveled up to the 4th biggest Catholic church in the world, St. John's. It was B E A U T I F U L. WOW. Each stain glass tells a story and the church is the size of 2 football fields. It was really amazing.






We went to Tom's Restaurant but it was the end of the day and it was POURING so I don't have a good picture.

We didn't have enough time to complete every thing on our list... We didn't get to 3 but it was good times and a fun experience. I love meeting people here because everyone is so amazing, they all have a purpose and are doing something really cool with their life and I love that. Go singles of NY!

Here is also a little excerpt from Elder Wilkins last email that I really loved..
"I know more than anything that our Heavenly Father loves all of you so much ... He knows you. He knows all the things you are going through in your life. He knows your ups and your downs. Your happy times, and your sad times. When others leave you, He stays standing by your side. Don't ever forget that. Not only turn to the Lord when you need Him most, but also when you need Him less. I pray that God will be with you, as I know He is by my side every day"

No comments:

Post a Comment