Thursday, October 22, 2009

So today my class just found out that all we have done up to this point in the semester is what usually takes 1 WHOLE semester in the regular 2 year program.. we are FLYING!!! We are now on to jackets and creative dresses! Very exciting. Lots of hard work and endless nights.... sleepless nights! BUT all in good fun....... haha well at least I am learning and loving what I am learning, can't say the word FUN comes to mind at 6 am when I've only been asleep for 4 hours. BUT i am honestly learning so so so much!!! here are a few more projects I have draped...

Halter, Midriff and Hip yoke, Dirndl Skirt..


Here are the pants I talked about earlier... they are actually much cuter in person, the picture isn't too great


And here is the shift dress with facings and buttons, with a poet sleeve and convertible collar


The only reason I am blogging right now is because I have a huge project due tomorrow BUT the work room where I do my sewing has a class until 9:30 So I am killing time until then, tomorrow I will post a picture of my project.

I've also been working on some sketches for my final projects that are coming up and a contest which uses wool from Scotland which is apparently the best and if I end up applying for the contest I will post my sketches... we'll see how busy I am

I would also like to formally thank Katie and Emily, I know I don't tell you enough how much your friendship means to me so I am just going to announce it to all! hahahaha.... Ah good times. Anyways really though it was them and Institute that helped me get through my week. I needed laughter and smiling. Good friends, and good food! it has been a while since we have been together and it was greatly needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment