Monday, November 9, 2009

another EVENTFUL sunday

I gave a talk this week on the priesthood, as I was researching I found a few great quotes I want to share...

President Monson “The Priesthood is the Power of God delegated to man, by which men may speak the will of God as if the angels were here to speak it themselves.”

President Faust “Priesthood is the greatest power on earth. Worlds were created by and through the priesthood. To safeguard this sacred power, all priesthood holders act under the direction of those who hold the keys of the priesthood. These keys bring order into our lives and into the organization of the Church. For us, priesthood power is the power and authority delegated by God to act in His name for the salvation of His children. Caring for others is the very essence of priesthood responsibility. It is the power to bless, to heal, and to administer the saving ordinances of the gospel. Righteous priesthood authority is most needed within the walls of our own homes.”

“As women our duty is to sustain the priesthood holders. They have received the power of God for the purpose of blessing our lives, the Lords way is for men and women to be directed by priesthood authority, both receive inspiration from the same source, the Lord. All that we love about the gospel is administered by those holding priesthood keys.”

Elder Hales “The priesthood of God is timeless. It was in the beginning, before the world was created. The formation of the universe and of the world upon which we live was brought to pass-not by chance, but through the power of the priesthood. The great Creator spoke and the elements obeyed. The processes of nature that enable us to exist on this planet, the resources of this world that sustain life—all were set into motion and continue their course through the power of God’s magnificent priesthood. While most of the earth’s inhabitants do not recognize this priesthood power, all living creatures are its beneficiaries.”

Ah I love quotes!!!

I received my calling, from CTR 6/7 primary teacher.... to........ FHE coordinator. So... if anyone has good FHE ideas please let me know! ..... I  miss my primary kids by the way, so if anyone reads this who knows any of them (Jaime Beth, Boston, Matthew, Brett, Kya, Dayna, Hunter) tell them I love them and miss being their teacher!

I saw Jacki Ford/Dowling today at church! That was exciting, her ward meets right before mine and we happened to cross paths.

*I am trying to find videos of my dances (I know there are some floating around but they haven't been posted on youtube yet) I know many of you want to see them. We are doing a new one this week as well because it is our Homecoming basketball game... I will see what I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment