Thursday, November 12, 2009

the Lord works in mysterious ways...

The Lord knows you, he knows your needs, your wants, your desires, and He does listen. This week I needed some re-assurance, some love and guidance and I found it through the workings of the Lord. Situations came up this week that were unexpected and greatly needed, little things, like opportunities to sleep (class was canceled), opportunities to serve and forget myself, opportunities to smile (thank you friends! Talyn- for trying REALLY hard to cheer me up, and for the advice, Richard- for your finger interpretation of my dance.... hahaha, and Hannah- for our door decoration night!), and opportunities for MAIL. (2 Packages; from my dear mommy and Debbie. Hot Yoga money and Ginger Cookies, BIG THANKS. and 2 letters, elder Peacock and elder Wilkins. both GREATLY unexpected and both with PERFECT timing (the Lord knows in advance the things we need and these amazing people were listening to His whispers and they acted on them. ANGELS!) So thank you for brightening my rather depressing/stressful week and helping me remember my Savior and His love for me and for all His children. Remember the Lord is in ALL things, He is in the details of our lives.

He lives to bless me with his love...He lives to bless in time of need... He Lives to comfort me when faint, He Lives to hear my souls complaint... He lives to wipe away my tears, He lives to calm my troubled heart... He lives my kind, wise, heavenly friend... Oh sweet, the joy this sentence gives, I know that my redeemer lives!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you. :)
    I love reading your blog! I'm so glad you keep it updated! I have a blog too, but it's private so if you want to read it give me your email and I will send you an invite!
    Are you coming home for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ticks me off when people as busy as you can keep up a blog, when I am can never find time to!

    Beautiful post, I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete