Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I've been spoiled

The past couple weeks...

I received a package from my mom which included pumpkin seeds (one of my favorite fall treats!!) a rice crispy treat which I devoured within 3 minutes of opening, and a few other things.

Dinner at Rosa Mexicano with Katharine for our FIT LDSSA dinner. FINALLY some AMAZINGLY delicious Mexican food. Fresh Guacamole and Chicken Tortilla Pie. YUMMY... oh, and it was FREE.

I just discovered the 29 cent chocolate bars @ Trader Joe's.. yes, a 29 cents. Awesome.

I took a trip to Central Park, but the leaves hadn't turned yet. On the way I got some hot apple cider and a devil's food cupcake . I don't normally do the chocolate cupcakes... but it was one of those days.


I had dinner with my friend Carrie at Luce, an Italian restaurant with the most PERFECT mushroom sauce ravioli. I think it is the best Italian dish I have ever had... well, so far I have been to 3 Italian restaurants in the city that I can say that for... after we went to the lovely GROM.

My friend Sara who has been traveling the world made it back to the city for a couple weeks and her, Jenn and I got together had had DELICIOUS sandwiches at 'wichcraft. We each had a white cheddar grilled sandwich with smoked ham, pear, and mustard on cranberry-pecan bread! YUM. AND I was introduced to a perfect cookie-thanks Jenn.

So one day after work someone walked by with a HUGE ice cream cone... I needed it! Everything was closed or way too expensive so the next day I went to Trader Joes's and picked up some Pumpkin Ice Cream. BEST decision of my LIFE. Literally this rivals Banana Pudding and Creme Brulee in goodness (I NEVER thought that could happen) It is HEAVEN in a Quart. I will happily eat the whole tub alone AND will eat at least one more before I go home. It is like Pumpkin Eggnog Pie combined into creamy soft serve perfection.

Sunday was a great day. There was a Dylan's chocolate chocolate bar taped to my door from someone from church which was a lovely thing due to the fact that it was 730 am and I was on my way to a J.Crew meeting. I was greeted with another treat at the meeting.. dunkin donuts munchkins, AND my Releif Society precidency stopped by with chocolate chip pumpkin bread! SO many tasty treats.

Sara and I decided it was time for both of us to try the Doughnut Plant. They have all sort of yummy different flavors of donuts.. I tried out Cranberry (very good) and Creme Brulee (naturally) and it REALLY DID taste like Creme Brulee. WOW the cream inside was perfect and the glaze was torched. It was VERY very yummy. I was satisfied. (sorry this is the only one with a picture)
..Oh on a slightly healthier note I found an amazingly delicious treat that is good for you! (unlike all my sugary treats listed above...) TRY IT-you won't be disappointed I PROMISE!

I am starting to miss NYC already... all the yummy treats. I have about 5 weeks left... and I will eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I am craving here that I can't get at home.. if I gain 10 lbs doing it, it is ALL GOOD, because I don't know how long it will be before I am back... hopefully not too long! I am also on a budget though... so I won't go too crazy but I will make these last few weeks memorable. I need to make a list of things I need to do before I am gone... any suggestions? I don't even remember what there is to do here in the city, it is just now my everyday life so I forget that there are amazing opportunities here and it's not just a place where I sleep and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment