Thursday, November 25, 2010

November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving.
This is why I wish I was home... PIE FEST! I want, I want. 
Next year... I will dominate and make at least 20 pies and eat them ALL just to make up for the past two Thanksgiving Dinners that I haven't been able to spend at home! 

Last year's Thankful List

This year I am THANKFUL for everything I was thankful for last year... BUT especially for...
-Perfect FAMILY
-My Faith and Love in The Chuch of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
-The knowledge I have of my Savior
-Loving Friends
-J.Crew-My small source of income
-Being able to see my Family in only 4 WEEKS!!!!!! 

I am also VERY grateful for the days that my family lived in Michigan!

a) Because that is where we were introduced to the BEST PUMPKIN BREAD ever! Which is now baking in my oven. -Elementary school in Michigan was AMAZING, I may raise my kids there just so they can go to my school, we had a big Thanksgiving feast every year and each class made certain foods, the 4th graders made pumpkin bread. I could go on and on about Commerce Elementary School. Separate Art/Music/Gym teachers. LEGIT field day. etc. oh and I was awesome, I believe I still hold the record from 2000 for the most pull-ups! 25 or something! Thank you Gymnastics!

b) My family met the Ellis Family. Eventually we both left Michigan (10 years ago) and between then and now our only real communication has been through Christmas Cards. Through good old trusty Facebook my mom found out that the Ellis' daughter lives in NYC now too! Our mom's starting talking and realized that both Christy and I live on the same street! AND we both now work at the same J.Crew! CRAZY. Anyways, she lovingly opened her house to me and invited me to dinner! I am SO GRATEFUL I have somewhere to go, I was getting worried I wouldn't be eating dinner at all.

I hope everyone is spending Thanksgiving with loved ones-If you are, BE GRATEFUL! I wish I was you!

No comments:

Post a Comment