Wednesday, November 17, 2010

a stroll in the park

I noticed that the trees were changing in Central Park yesterday and so since I had the day open I decided to stop by Magnolia Bakery on the way to CP. I picked up two treats.. (don't judge)
1. Pumpkin whoopie pie with maple cream cheese. Delicious!!!

2. Blueberry Jamboree (shortbread crumb crust with a thick layer of cream cheese topped with blueberries). The picture does this NO justice. It is SO SO SO YUMMY!

I ate my goodies on a rock surrounded by leaves. I LOVE FALL. It was practically perfect! I need to do it more often. Here in CP and at home. Take time to recognize the world and all its beauty. When was the last time you sat in the middle of a park and just took in your surroundings? I encourage everyone to take a picnic and go some place lovely with someone you care about.. or alone as I did, and just be GRATEFUL for life and for all that we have. Cracking open a new book is never a bad idea either! What a refreshing day!







-Now, I have a bit of a sugar high...

No comments:

Post a Comment