Thursday, February 24, 2011

This weeks news...

This week has been rather... horrible actually. I finally caught the inevitable sickness that has been passed through my whole family (the one where your head feels like it's going to explode, your head and stomach hurt along with all the sinus problems... yes that one). I had 3 papers due, a Ballet midterm, an ISYS excel final and junk in between... no bueno. 

In worse news... our lovely house got...um, attacked I guess is an appropriate term by lovely teenage boys (we saw footprints)! Oh... and my mom was saved from death or severe injury by prayer! Or so that is one of the reasons we are believing.

As my sister was saying her prayers last night around 11:30 she prayed for the safety of her family members and almost in response she heard very loud crashing noises. Everyone in the house (besides me.. apparently my PM meds knocked me out cold) ran to see where the noise came from. My mom was found shaking in our homework/computer room because she had been next to the window that a rock was thrown through. Yes, a rock was thrown at my mother through the window... okay maybe not exactly AT my mother but we have PLENTY of windows in our house, the attacker chose the only window where there was a light on and a person was visible. Within the room the rock was shot at there are 3 different windows and he went for the one my mom was directly sitting by (I doubt that was coincidence...). The rock blessedly did not hit my mom or damage anything too great (like a computer, printer, glass, pictures, etc.). It simply flew through the glass, spraying glass everywhere, bounced off the wall in between two big glass pictures and into another section of the wall leaving huge gashes. The police showed up and... hopefully they can do something about it. 

I am utterly shocked, appalled, disgusted, and horrified at the fact that a teenage kid would do this. I don't know who they were or how their parents didn't care that they were out past 11:30 on a school night... And what is worse.. we have no idea what their motives were. We know TimpView boys hate Orem boys and vice versa ... But last night after the (TimpView vs Orem) Basketball game (which TimpView won) Sy went out to eat with 2 of his Orem girl friends... he didn't go pick a fight with anyone... so why the hate??? And everyone says girls are mean.....

All I have to say is I am so glad, and those kids are SO lucky that nothing happened to my lovely amazing mother!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! That's crazy!! I'm so glad too that nothing serious happened. Holy scary.

    ReplyDelete