Sunday, May 20, 2012

colored pants + skinny belts


There definitely was a theme this week. I pulled out my colored cropped pants, added a skinny belt and necklace for a fun + bright spring look. Easy and simple.

Outfit 1 (grey and blue)
Shirt/Cardigan/Pants: J.Crew; Shoes: Sperry's; Belt: gifted; Earrings: Francesca's; Necklace: Ily Couture; Watch: Michael Kors

Outfit 2 (bright melon colors)
Shirt/Necklace/Belt/Bracelets/Shoes: J.Crew; Pants: Urban Outfitters; Earrings: Anthropologie, Watch: Michael Kors

Outfit 3 (neutrals with purple)
Shirt/Belt/Pants: J.Crew; Necklace/Earrings: Francesca's; Shoes: Halogen via Nordstrom; Watch: Michael Kors

Outfit 4 (heather grey and neon)
Shirt/Pants/Belt: J.Crew; Bracelets: J.Crew and gifted, Shoes: Dolce Vita via Flower Basket; Necklace/Earrings: Francesca's; Watch: Micheal Kors

Outfit 5 (tan stripes)
Shirt/Belt/Bracelets/Shoes: J.Crew
Pants: Anthropologie
Necklace: Gifted via Nordstrom
Earrings: Banana Republic

Outfit 6 (chambray and citrus)
Shirt/Shoes: J.Crew
Skirt: Anthropologie
Earrings: Francesca's (years ago)


If you haven't noticed I have a few new things from Francesca's. They newly entered the University Mall and I was so happy because I used to go there in Vegas (they have the cutest accessories + good prices). WARNING: If you don't want to spend money - avoid this store. Their earrings are all pretty much $12 and most of the necklaces average $25. It is easy to spend (and it adds up quicker than you think.) BUT if you are in need of some fun earrings and statement necklaces - this is the place. They also have bags, clothes, and other fun things!

And for fun - a little about my style.

I'd describe myself as comfy chic. I LOVE dressing up but I also LOVE being comfortable. J.Crew weekend is what I crave. I love placing simple tops with fun bottoms (or vise versa) and heels (like above). I don't go crazy with layers, I love button-ups, jeans aren't my favorite things, I am a huge sucker for (nice) sweatshirts (for guys and girls), the second I get home I throw sweats on (J.Crew weekend or Gap Body usually), I do love dresses and skirts, I am addicted to anything sequin (I LOVE SPARKLE), it's been over 4 years since I have worn flats to church, and if I had a reason to wear a formal gown once a week I would be the happiest girl in the whole world. I use to wear a lot of black - now I wear a lot of color.

simple top + fun bottom
button-up + cropped pants + heels

J.Crew weekend
skirt + heels + stripes + cardigan + metallic + necklace

sequins!
formal gowns
  
J.Crew is my brand (like you couldn't already tell...) I DROOL over their catalog. They are EXPERTS, truly ARTISTS, when it comes to color. They are so inspiring and I absolutely LOVE their clothes/style.

colors
 My other favorite store is Gap Body - since I teach dance everyday and workout daily I wear workout clothes ALOT and I LOVE THEM!!  Gap Body has some amazing products (and literally some of the softest fabric known to man) - not to mention, I am a sucker for intimates. I think they are absolutely gorgeous.


My go-to shoes are definitely Sperry Top-Sider. I LOVE THEM. I really have to hold myself back from wearing them every single day. Especially on campus where heels are not the best option and flats tend to kill my feet more than heels - I wear them pretty much every single day. When I'm not in Sperry's I'd choose to be in heels (but when I am working 5-7 hour days on my feet sometimes flats will have to do).


when I'm not wearing Sperry's

I am very true to my brands, Michael Kors is my watch supplier (I also love his heels) (and Timex - I don't have one but I have given Taylor 2 different Timex watches, they are great); Hudson is my jean supplier.

Really the only stores I ever shop at are J.Crew, Gap, Nordstrom, Banana Republic, Anthropologie (and in high school I was Urban Outfitters all the way (until they went super indie).

I also LOVE accessories. Big necklaces, big watches, a few bracelets, and definitely earrings tend to make it into every outfit.



I have staple jewelry that I never take off (since Feb 2008 I have worn a necklace gifted by Taylor (dogeard heart necklace, replaced in Dec 2011 with my amethyst necklace) - visit this post to see pictures and descriptions of my other staple items (posted Jan 2011).

When it comes to getting ready (hair and make-up) I am pretty low maintenance. My hair is natural (blonde and straight) - and I'm not really creative with it. I don't wear much make-up. My essentials are studio fix (Mac) (applied lightly with a brush), bronzer, blush, and mascara. Then depending on the day I will add black or brown liner and eye shadow in shades of brown/bronze/gold. I also love lipstick but I don't use it terribly often (usually to church and sometimes to work).

Oh, and did I mention the BEST place for swimwear is also J.Crew. Well, it's true. Again - I go with the simple colors, no prints - Just pretty J.Crew.


Well there you go, that is my fashion style.

2 comments:

  1. You are a hot woman! How do I get my mitts on some of those sequin pants and that sequin skirt? LOVE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want one, but wanted you to know I appreciate your review. Don't be afraid to say what you need to say. Your opinion is totally valid. Thank you for taking the time to review! Skinny Jean Belts

    ReplyDelete