Sunday, January 9, 2011

a new adventure

A friend said I should document my outfits... (I've hardly ever worn the same exact outfit twice) BUT she said I should while I was working at J.Crew where I obviously had to dress nice everyday. While I was there I didn't have anyone to take pictures of my outfits everyday so I may try to do so now, I think it might be fun...

The only problem is... at school I don't dress up all the time ESPECIALLY at BYU because for some reason even when I think I am dressed down, I am the most dressed up person in my class. Also, since I have dance classes everyday and 3 days a week I start my day with a dance class... I may end up in very simple outfits and sweats frequently. Another problem is.... I am having a hard time putting together outfits lately-I think I am just so worn out from having to dress in my specific J.Crew dress code everyday in NYC, sounds dumb I know... but I think it's true... haha so we'll see how this adventure goes.

Another thing with being at school is that my shoe selection is not very exciting because I have to walk all over and now that it is cold and icy.. heels just look dumb, so it's boots mostly everyday.

So every Sunday I will post my week of outfits (this week starts on Tuesday) and will document where my pieces are from. 

My everyday staples are;
Watch-Michael Kors (Feb (birthday) 2010)

Charm bracelet -Original "love" dogeared heart charm from Taylor (Feb (birthday) 2008), "peace and love" dogeared heart charm from Taylor (Dec (Christmas) 2008), "T" charm (May 2009), and the bracelet was my Mom's (worn as a set since May 2009)

Rings-gold pinkie ring-mom's (worn since Aug 2008), gold diamond ring-Great Grandma Lena's (worn since Aug 2008), CTR ring (worn since Aug 2008)

Necklace-Replica "love" dogeared heart necklace (Feb 2008)
Here are all of the necklace charms when I used to wear them all as necklaces and the bracelet I am wearing was also a gift from Taylor that I wear frequently (picture taken Dec (Christmas) 2008 showing off all my lovely gifts from Tay Tay)
and while I'm at it, here is another one of my FAVORITE gifts from Taylor that I also frequently wear whenever it matches (Birthday 2009-a little history.. I am WAY into Astrology and so Taylor picked out this bracelet that had both of our birthstones on it, little did he know that it also had both of our Magical Sign Stones and both of our favorite colors!)
Amethyst-My February Birthstone and Taylor's Aquarius Magical Stone
Aquamarine-My Pisces Magical Stone
Garnet-Taylor's January Birthstone
Green-Taylor's favorite color (at least one time he told me it was)
Yellow and Gold-Two of my favorite colors

Enough with that.. Week 1
Tuesday: Necklace/Sweater/Pixie Pant-J.Crew, Uggs
Wednesday: Necklace/Sweater/Jeans-J.Crew, Shirt-Urban Outfitters, Uggs
Thursday: Shirt/Cardigan/Shoes(Gray Heeled Boots)-J.Crew, Jeans-Banana Republic
Friday: Sweatshirt/Jeans/Sperry Topsiders-J.Crew
Saturday: Sweatshirt-FIT, Sweats-Pink Victoria's Secret, Uggs
Sunday: Dress/Socks/Shoes-J.Crew, Tights-Gap

1 comment: