Friday, January 28, 2011

school..

Just a little heads up... there won't be a legit blog post for at least a week.... WAY TOO MUCH HOMEWORK!

So far the past four days I've been at school from 9am until anywhere between 7-930pm...doing homework. It's been rather horrible... and this weekend and next week isn't looking too promising either.... My plan for tomorrow is 930-7 studying in the library and I even have to spend a few hours on Sunday doing homework which I try to avoid at all costs... Monday-Thursday I won't be home until at least 7 and someday's not until 10 due to homework and review sessions. BOO.

WHY? I have three midterms next week. History, Excel and Accounting... plus all the normal assignments and readings. More like 30 hours of studying 300 pages of dates/people/events/names and trying to read the mind of my teacher to decide which ones to memorize because obviously I can't memorize EVERYTHING. SO all my studying won't even promise me an A... which is so annoying. I'm taking the test Tuesday. Accounting is about 8-16 hours of review (at least an hour on each section) but at least I know if I study enough I'll get an A.. Excel is open book... it just takes time. Both Accounting and Excel I am taking Thursday. BLAH.

Next weekend I am going to VEGAS with my mom and Bain for her dance competition.

Tonight I went on a date with my mommy and daddy. They came to BYU and we ate dinner (taco bell and creamery ice cream!) and then went to BYU's musical Peter Pan. It was DANG good! Now all I want to do is watch the original animated Peter Pan, the Peter Pan with real people in it that came out a few years ago ("I do believe in fairies, I do! I do!") and Hook.


And besides all the studying and homework and approximately the 300 stairs I get to walk up daily, BYU is pretty awesome. The library is deadly quiet, the vending machines have Granny B cookies, the creamery has Graham cracker ice cream with seafoam candy, the bookstore has Chocolate covered cinn. bears, the food court has Taco Bell, I take legit Ballet and Jazz workouts daily,there are always interesting and entertaining people... to watch (I literally saw a guy in a fleece onesie in the library the other day), there are comfy chairs with a pull out desk in the library so you can study comfortably an so on. Oh and a cool quote I read in BYU's newspaper "the Daily Universe"- BYU was ranked the most popular school (next to Harvard). This position is chosen by the percentage of people who actually enroll when they are accepted. OH and we totally dominated our Basketball game on Wednesday! We, ranked 9th, beat San Diego State, ranked 4th, 71 to 58.

But currently BYU makes my head hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment