Sunday, January 23, 2011

I dislike.... very much

...waking up in the morning.

My bed is TOO perfectly comfortable and my room is too cold that getting out of bed is the HARDEST THING EVER lately.

Honestly I used to be a morning person... but I just barely wake up in time to put clothes on, eat breakfast, make my lunch, pack my backpack and get to school. Whether it is 6 or 8 hours of sleep... it's not enough. I love my bed WAY TOO MUCH.

Quite frankly I think I am just burnt out. I honestly don't know how I survived in High School..
  1. School started at 7:45... SEVEN FORTY FIVE.. my classes usually start at ether 9 or 930. HOW did I used to get up and get ready for school that early. I am not very high maintenance when it comes to getting ready so I don't take that much time but STILL at least 7 if I had to leave my house at 730 and I wanted to eat breakfast and put clothes on... not to mention I had to be to school at 6 AM sometimes when we had assembly rehearsal... yes SIX.. WHAT???!!!
  2. After school I had dance from 3-6 hours everyday but Friday during the week... and sometimes more if it was competition week.
  3. When I got home from class I had hours of homework.. I had 3/4 AP classes (4 first semester, 3 second semester...physics really wasn't my thing so it didn't last haha) and I managed all A's which means.. I did all of my homework.
  4. I actually had somewhat of a social life.. unlike now, and actually participated in activities on the weekends and looked forward to weekends.. now when I think of weekends I only think of sleep/writing all the blog post I had thought about but didn't have time to do during the week/catching up on my letter writing/and homework. Exciting, I know.
  5. I couldn't even sleep in on Saturdays, I had dance every morning at 8 for usually 6 hours.
AND then I have my semester at FIT to consider.... which was about 25-40 hours of sleep...a week. 

So, I think my body is still catching up.. or I am just REALLY lazy...

I feel bad though, I KNOW I should be waking up in time to workout/have personal time/scripture study etc... we even had a BYU devotional on Tuesday about this very issue (I felt super guilty... but still didn't wake up early-I am a horrible person I know!)

Elder Kikuchi-
(paraphrased from his devotional.. (my notes) some may be direct quotes, some may be my interpretation of his words)
How do you open your heart to heaven? Heavenly Father is the gardener, Jesus is the vine, we are the grapes. We must seek nourishment daily from the vine, our Savior, Jesus Christ. We need the celestial nourishment from the Lord. Draw nearer unto me and I will draw nearer unto you.
  1. Personal Devtional-Find your own Sacred Grove, where you can speak with God without interruption. Wake up earlier and prepare yourself for the day-Find a place to speak and set a time to receive the inspiration and answers. You can be in the Sacred Grove every single morning.
  2. Scripture Study- Immerse yourself, spend time every morning reading the words of life, of truth, of Christ. Don't only read daily class reading (15 min in the New Testament) but continue to also read the Book of Mormon. 
  3. Purify life by the Savior's sanctifying power. At-one-ment, together with a special person, even Jesus Christ. Feel God's presense in your life daily, recognize His celestial glory in your life. Live so that you could shake hands with the Savior, feel His love everyday. Be perfectly ONE with Him.
He will send you the comforter. It is so important to have the Holy Ghost with us. Be nourished by the words of our Savior everyday. He is your PERSONAL Savior.

-How about that for a call to repentance... YA.. I think my goal for this week will be waking up 30 minutes earlier... no matter HOW much I don't want to. I have faith that the rewards will be greater than that little bit of extra sleep. The Lord always helps His children and wants our happiness, if we follow his guidance, the words of one of His chosen disciples, we will be happy... I know that, I just need to ACT upon it. I was told today in Sacrament meeting that "Faith is an action. Exercise faith, un-exercised faith is just belief. And to add to my STRONG call to repentance that I am just now all piecing together, in Relief Society we talked about sacrifice. Only in sacrifice do we receive the blessings of Celestial glory. "Two people can do ALL THINGS... IF one of them is the Lord."

Well, I sure know what I'll be working on this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment