Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Elder Taylor Wilkins,

Happy Happy Birthday Taylor Dear, 
Happy Days Will Come to You All Year, 
If I Had a Wish Then it Would Be, 
A HAPPY  HAPPY BIRTHDAY
To You From Me!

Today, Wednesday January 26th 2011
Taylor turns TWENTY-ONE! 

It is my LAST legit missionary present and so here is what I got him.. 
(rice crispy treats were included, just not pictured below)


The key chain I made in my Jewelry class for my final project.

T W
Taylor Wilkins Bruce
I really didn't like how it turned out, it wasn't able to be polished perfectly, it is HUGE and weighs A TON (all unintentional-along with the B sticking out instead of in....) BUT it was made especially for him by me and that's the best I could do. It was hard, but fun, my teacher approved so I guess it's okay.

I wanted to give Taylor something he would be able to have with him at all times for the rest of his life that will remind him of his mission.. and this was what I came up with. 
I had his name (Elder Wilkins), mission dates (May 09-11), and a scripture (Luke 1:37 "For with God nothing shall be impossible.") engraved on an oil vile.

and since I am already posting about Taylor... I FINALLY finished my Christmas present for Debbie and the Wilkins' Family.... 

The outside reads "Missionary: (n) one who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with their family for eternity."

My mom made one for Seth and I wanted to do one for Taylor. So I re-wrote the text in my hand writing and tried to make the missionary look more like Taylor and it turned out pretty dang cute if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment