Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dallas - goodbye

Sunday:
My last day in Dallas was hard, I so badly didn't want to go back to real life. We spent the day just relaxing and being with each other. Taylor took me on a picnic to White Rock Lake where we ate famous Schlotzsky's sandwiches. It was super hot, over 100 degrees, but that didn't matter because I had one surprise left - TANDEM biking! I've always wanted to go and never have... we thought we'd take a stroll around the lake. Over an hour later (+ heat stroke + dehydration) we realized the lake was about 9 miles around. It was a long but FUN bike ride. It was so worth it, I definitely got my biking workout in for the next month. From this experience we decided we like picnics and want to start biking together more (maybe we'll invest in a tandem bike) and I learned I never want to live in the Dallas heat. We were running late to the airport (we didn't expect our ride to take so long + we had to load up the bike and cool off + we had to stop on the way and grab 3 huge Gatorade's (we downed 2 of them in about 10 minutes)) but my flight was delayed just enough so that I was able to make it on time to board. It was so hard to say good-bye, I think the only thing that made it manageable was that we were rushed.




this nice old couple saw us taking individual pictures and stopped their car to ask if we'd like them to take one of us both!
On Me:
Shirt: J.Crew; Short: Urban Outfitters; Hat: Target; Glasses: Gap; Watch: Timex; Shoes: Sperry's
On Him:
Shirt: Gap; Shorts: Target; Watch: Timex; Shoes: Sperry's

It was such a perfect trip thanks to Taylor who planned everything and who is the best company in the world!
Now only a month until he is back in Utah

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun trip! I LOVE tandem biking. Eric and I bought one for our 1st anniversary and have had tons of fun with it. Also I love Schlotsky's and White Rock Lake and YOU! You two are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys make the cutest couple!!! Your kids will be so adorable:)

    ReplyDelete