Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fitness Journal - Workout 1


I am finally on a very good routine! I teach from 8-8:50 then again from 10-10:50/11:15 depending on the day, so I have a nice hour in-between where I can work-out. I teamed up with my sister-in-law Jenn (who works as a personal trainer/yoga instructor) who is creating workouts for me (since I can no longer go to pilates and yoga class). I will post those workouts on my blog with pictures of the moves. If you want a more personal workout plan, contact Jenn directly through email (jawoolstenhulme@gmail.com) and she'll be more than happy to meet with you and set you up on a plan that works best for you and your body!

Workout 1- repeat entire routine 3 times
  • Boat Modified: balance on bum, legs out, arms out, keep torso same then bend and straighten legs (heels together for more intensity) - 15x

  • Bounded Angle Abs: lay on back, bring legs up, soles of feet together, bring hands between legs; pulse arms - 30x 

  • Laying Crunches: lay all the way on floor, bring hands behind head, crunch up then twist to the right, then back to center, then down and switch sides - 30x (15 each side) 
clockwise

  • Side Bridge Bicycle: With the leg up straighten front with pointed foot, bend through to flex foot, bring all the way around to point, GO SLOW, tuck to natural spine - 30x (15 each side) 
clockwise (excuse the one blurry picture)

  • Trainers Plank Modified: on elbows straight right arm, left arm, then right elbow down, left elbow down. Tuck tummy, support back - 15x
clockwise

  • Trainer Plank with Legs: on elbow lift right leg (point) then down (flex), lift left leg then down - 20x (10 each side)

  • Bridge: lay on back and bend legs, push up, squeeze glutes and inflate (push out) stomach, slowly come up then down ((modified: brings arms over your head - it gets your heart rate up)) - 20x

No comments:

Post a Comment