Wednesday, July 28, 2010

running, weddings, life

3 reasons I NEVER want to wake up in the morning..

1. My bed is AMAIZNGLY comfortable
2. Waking up means Running.... ugh
3. Running means time, energy, pain, misery, and sweaty

Me and my dad have started running every morning... I do not understand why ANYONE runs. It is hard. I hear it pays off in the end... I don't know if I believe it yet.. But I keep going. Every morning.

5 reasons why I do finally wake up..

1. I get to spend time with my daddy. Not like we can talk when we run, we aren't to that stage yet.... but it is a nice way to start the day
2. I feel like CRAP if I let myself down and don't go, it eats at me all day
3. I am needing to lose my NYC cupcake weight (which all went to my thighs)... and running keeps me motivated to do my other workout when I get home, so I don't let any more of my muscle turn to fat
4. After I run me and daddy drink my new favorite breakfast drink (my cousin carol-lynn taught me) which consists of; plain yogurt, cucumber, spinach, green apple, frozen berries, and orange juice. YUM! I love it!

5. In the long run I know I will love it, I want to be one of those couples (with my future husband) who runs every morning/night together. Or at least one of those people who can run 1 mile without wanting to KILL herself

I just hope I can keep it up in NYC when I don't have a running partner anymore...

GOALS for this week.
  • Run 5 times (this weekend I will be in Idaho with the family for Jenn's endowments and bridal shower)
  • P90X yoga 1 time
  • No sweets until weekend (I'd say all week but Jenn is a Baker, and we'll be in Idaho... where her bakery is... can't pass it up) p.s. 1 bueno bar and a couple bites of cupcake do not count.... haha
  • Regular (leg/bum, ab, arm) workout 6 times this week
  • Finish senior year-school year- scrapbook this week
Seems easy enough only wedding plans are a little stressful and time consuming (and I am NOT even very involved in the plans) You would not believe how ridiculously hard it is to find yellow heels, and turquoise flats... I think in the past week my mom and I have been to every single store in Utah County and beyond, and every online store and I still have yet to find a yellow pair, especially one that I like and can afford.  I have a pair but they aren't exactly the right color of yellow... but unless I can press a magic button and make some appear I guess they'll have to do. I don't understand how about 80% of all shoes are SO horrible. Ew. Who are designing these things? and the other 15% are all black/gray/brown. The 5% of colored shoes that are great are all WAY TOO expensive. Yikes, it has been ridiculous. We finally found a pair of turquoise flats for Bain after searching about 50 stores. I think I changed my mind, I am going to be a shoe designer, there is desperate need for one. It will all look AMAZING in the end but it has been a little struggle. Maybe I am just way too picky... probably. And just FYI those of you who know the company Shabby Apple, their sizing is ridiculous. A small is a size 6-8, just be careful when you order from them, and if it is a bridesmaid dress, they don't return.

I can't wait to see how the whole wedding pulls together, it is going to be beautiful! I am excited. The wedding is in ONE WEEK!!! Crazy, and the reception is the Saturday after. Happy day for Seth and Jenn. Jenn is making her cake and it is going to be INCREDIBLE!!!! If you come pay attention to it and eat some because it will be beautiful and delicious. She has waited her whole life for this cake (she feels for this cake like I'll feel for my future wedding dress) SO EXCITING!

On a sadder note... the August J.Crew catalog was very disappointing. I don't think I have ever not loved one of their catalog's but..... I didn't love this one, at all. Not the greatest clothes, not the greatest models. At least it will be good for my wallet and I won't have to exercise too much self control this fall. I don't love the colors and the styles for this season. The only thing I did LOVE was their wedding dress section. But that is a given.

We took family pictures last night.. post will follow in a couple weeks when we get the photos. I am excited, they will be nice. We took our last family picture with just us kids, before the in-laws and new born babies start coming. We are all getting SO OLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment