Saturday, July 10, 2010

TODAY...


it was.. Missionary Package Day

One to this lovely soul, my good friend, Elder D. Brandon Harvey (He sent my mom this picture for Mothers Day or her Birthday or something.. hahaha)


and one to my dear Best Friend Elder Taylor B. Wilkins (pictured in post below)


Package consisted of these delicious treats and some letters/pictures/drawings/etc. from Me, Bain, and Mommy


Rolo Cookies-easiest yummy cookie recipe EVER.
makes about 4 dozen cookies
 


2 Chocolate Cake Mixes (any; milk, dark, devils, fudge.. I usually do 2 different types of chocolate just for fun)
2/3 cups Oil
4 Eggs
Bag of Frozen Rolo's

Mix cake mixes, oil, and eggs together BY SPOON/HANDS (it is thick and WILL break your electric mixer)
Roll batter around each rolo so it makes about a 1.5" ball 

Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes

AND

Coconut Chex Mix.. Basically Heaven in a handful


1 16 oz. box of Rice or Corn Chex Mix-(Rice is sweeter, Corn had more flavor. I like both equally)
2 cubes + 2 Tbsp Butter
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 cups Karo Syrup
1 1/2 tsp Coconut Flavoring
1 7 oz bag of coconut
nuts optional

Stir Butter, Sugar, and Syrup until boiling, turn heat to medium and Boil for 3 minutes. 
Add Flavoring
Pour over Chex (I put my cereal on a cookie sheet) and Stir.
Add Coconut and Nuts if desired

Now that my assignment is done I will hopefully have time to tackle things on my summer list
-aBree Original. More headbands/necklaces/shirts/sashes
-Scrapbook Senior Year, BYU Freshmen Year, and main events from NYC 
-hopefully cook more and use some of the recipes I have been saving up
-Sewing. I have lots of fabric just waiting to be used.. I don't have MY sewing machine with me here in Utah, it is in storage for when I go back to NYC, so we'll see how my mom's works for me
-Finish my sketch portfolio, add on to the bridal section I used for Study Abroad
-Knit/crochet something with the AMAZING yarn I got in Italy
-and so on...

Only thing is I really don't have much time.. only 6 weeks or so, and one of those I will be in Lake Powell. I need to buckle down and get stuff done!

New Necklaces. Peacock wedding Bridesmaid necklaces, for Seth and Jenn's wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Um...I'm so sorry to have to tell you this...but I think my package got lost in the mail or something. Maybe you should look into that :)

    You. Me. Baking. August.
    Ready--break.

    ReplyDelete