Wednesday, December 22, 2010

bye bye NYC

I had dinner last night with Carrie and Cindy at Hill Country Chicken, it was actually VERY tasty-it is on 25th and Broadway. We went for dessert but I also got some fried chicken. For dessert I had.... well you can guess-2 of my most favorite things joined together....
Creme Brulee and Pie= Creme Brulee Pie! and it was TASTY!!!! Such a heavenly combination of pure tastiness! 


Some good news-I was informed today that I received a scholarship from BYU! I don't know how.. I didn't apply for any but I'll take it! I am so HAPPY! Now I just need to get a job.... I am hoping Avenia Bridal will hire me! THAT would be perfect!

I also officially withdrew from FIT for next semester today.

I finished packing today @ 3:30! Only I ran out of tape so not quite ALL the boxes were taped closed, apparently you need 3 rolls of tape for 8 boxes...SO $13 in tape and $25 in boxes later I am ready to go... I just hope that my FedEx man comes to pick them up-preferably before I get shuttled to the airport at 12:45... He is suppose to come between 8am and 3 pm... I would just feel SO much better if I KNEW they were picked up BEFORE I left the city. 

I received a couple pictures of Elder Wilkins today-Braving the cold weather on the Top of the Rock. It seriously has been FREEZING the past few days... I hope he has figured out a way to stay warm because my huge scarf and puffer coat don't even keep me toasty enough to be out all day long.


Here are some lovely pictures of my sister and her friends wearing their favorite Christmas sweaters! They are  awesome! 
 I am kind of sad I never saw snow in the city this season... AND my home got a good 6 inches the other day but I hear it's been RAINING... BOO! Please don't melt my snow, I really am DREAMING PRAYING HOPING and NEEDING a white Christmas!!!! 

Basically my last couple days in the city were uneventful-it really doesn't feel like I am leaving.. like it hasn't hit me yet. Maybe just because I've been so busy packing I haven't had time to realized what I am going to miss..... ALSO I think knowing that I will be back for a couple weeks in April/May helps because I KNOW I will be back soon. I did go see the Tree @ Rock Center and drank Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (honestly though NOTHING is as good as my mix of French Vanilla and Belgium Dark Chocolate Stehphen's Hot Chocolate-which (along with my favorite Home-style Pop-Secret popcorn) will be the first thing I consume when I get home!) The guy who gave me my starbucks drink told me I had a beautiful smile... sweet but awkward since he kept smiling at me the whole time he was making my drink just so I would smile back, haha. Oh NYC-I will miss you! O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, How lovely are your branches! AH I can't wait to see my HOME all dressed up in Christmas cheer! YAY!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment