Friday, December 31, 2010

What the Woolsetnhulme family has been up to since Christmas..

J.Dawgs
Harry Potter-FINALLY (Sy decided we would wait for each other to see it)
P.F. Changs
Dear John
UVU Basketball Game
Shoveled LOTS of snow-YAY FINALLLLLLLY snow!!!!

Drank my famous Hot Chocolate (Belgium Dark Chocolate mixed with French Vanilla mixed with Caramel with marshmallows, whipped cream, heavy cream, and cinnamon and sugar!)

Ran Errands in the Blizzard
Noodles and Co.
Sy's Eagle Court of Honor

Project Description
“Celebrate U”
            My Eagle Project will be directed at assisting the Second Chance Foundation of Utah to help with the Celebrate U event on September 18th at Utah Valley University. The Second Chance Foundation of Utah is a non-profit organization that helps provide, hope, scholarships and financial support for those in our community that have been stricken with tragedy. The Celebrate U event is being organized to help make people aware of the dangers of teen depression and suicide and as a means to prevent suicide in high school and college age people through the use of educational speakers and inspirational speakers. I feel very strongly about this need because many of my good friends were close to a young man who committed suicide earlier this year.  I see the emotional toll his suicide has had on them.
I contacted the President of The Second Chance Foundation of Utah and asked if he needed help with the publicity for the Celebrate U event. He has given me the responsibility for publicizing the event to the high schools and junior highs throughout Utah County.  I will be recruiting students from surrounding schools and will train these students on the entire publicity plan.  We will utilize print, radio, and speaking directly to classes and other groups to raise awareness of this important event.  I will write and record a Public Service Announcement to run on the school’s radio stations.  We will distribute flyers and posters to the schools as well as putting posters in local businesses.  Finally, we will help the event organizers at the event as needed to ensure that the event runs smoothly and to ensure that the message of the event is effectively communicated to as many young people as possible.
My project will benefit the Second Chance Foundation of Utah by providing a link to the Junior High and High Schools of Utah County. A young man that many of my good friends were friends with committed suicide last year and I have seen how devastating it is. I want to help the Second Chance Foundation of Utah get as many people as they can to participate in their Celebrate U event. 

I had a girls night/sleep over with Talyn, Haley and Kiara (Ate apples with marshmallow/creme cheese dip, ruffles with dill pickle dip, muddy buddies, and caramel corn.YUM!)
My FedEx boxes arrived!!!! 
Lunch with Megan at Zupas
Dollar movie-Hereafter
Family Christmas/New Years Party

and TODAY:
IT is a VERY special day.... SY'S 18th BIRTHDAY!
which means bowling, dinner and our traditional waffles at Midnight for New Years!


HAPPY Two Thousand ELEVEN!
I have a feeling it is going to be an AMAZING year

No comments:

Post a Comment