Saturday, December 25, 2010

There's no place like home for the holidays.

I arrived home to smiling faces at 12:20 am. SO happy to be home at last!

Woke up to my FAVORITE hot chocolate! Pure Loveliness. Mmmm. AND good bread for toast... seriously NYC bread is no good... I've tried MANY loaves and I've not found one I liked whereas here we have the two best breads EVER-crunch bread and squaw bread YUM.

OH how today was one of the most lovely days ever. I was surrounded by my loved ones and beautiful Christmas decor. Here is how the Woolstenhulme's do Christmas.

First decorations

Stockings

Snowman Tree


SANTA'S


Nativities
AND now FOOD-Christmas Eve Dinner (Clam Chowder, Beet Salad, Cucumber Green Apple Pomegranate Salad, and my ALL time favorite Cranberry Waldorf (it is a Thanksgiving dish but since I missed Thanksgiving I asked if my mom could make it for me today)) and my favorite dish in the world... CRAB LEGS. Amazing.
Dessert (Pecan Pie/Costco style and delicious, my favorite Homestyle Popcorn, and Egg Nog spiked with 7-up) all while watching Toy Story 3. perfection.

and here are the people that made today perfect!

My first stop was at The Wilkins house. Debbie (Taylor's mom) is so sweet and wanted me to stop by so she could give me a present from her, her family, and from Taylor. Well first things first, I received a CD that Taylor sent me for my Christmas present and it included pictures of him and his companion Elder Matthews-they are adorable!!




Along with my pictures sent straight from NYC Debbie gave me the most BEAUTIFUL gold and pearl necklace along with the "Taylor" scarf-literally it was named the Taylor scarf by Coal-the brand who made it and a few other goodies. SERIOUSLY the best gifts ever (and Debbie I'm not just saying that because I know you are going to read this! It's true)
The Taylor Scarf
 
After I got home my dear Katie stopped by!!!! YAY!


My Family!
On Christmas Eve our tradition is to open the presents given from kid to kid. (and this Christmas Tree is our "GIRL" tree. Every year since I can remember Bain and I were given Barbie ornaments from my Granny and they along with many other girly ornaments are all on this tree (we also have a "BOY" tree for Seth and Sy with lots of sport ornaments))

 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Love you guys! Merry Christmas to your whole adorable family. :)

    ReplyDelete