Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day

So... we have a little bit of an odd tradition in our house on Christmas... we all dress really Christmas-y.. every year we get progressively more creative and... odd. BUT we LOVE it! It is the best part of the day.


Santa came and brought us a Wii along with some goodies in our stockings.

My favorite present of the day was my mom had the first year of my blog printed into a book! So now I have a published book of my own life-my journal and scrapbook! AND I will continue to have it printed every year! It is so awesome.

We had this yummy breakfast...

Then we went up to my dad's friend's cabin up the canyon where there was about 3 feet of SNOW! AH it was my heaven, I LOVE snow and I've missed it since all of our 11 inches of snow melted at my house before I made it home. We went sledding which none of us have done FOREVER! We all used to be PRO at sledding because when I lived in Michigan we had a golf course in our backyard that we used every winter but since moving to Utah we really haven't gone. It was SO much fun, and SO cold!



We came home to have our traditional Christmas meal of Prime Rib! I LOVE Christmas food! And for dessert we had our lovely Bread Pudding!!! This year my mom started a new tradition. We had a present on our plate and in it there was a paper where we would write what our present for Jesus would be this year. (example: Read scriptures everyday. Be kinder to parents and family. Do not judge others. Go to the temple more often. Don't swear. etc.) Our present is personal, we didn't share it with anyone I simply put my present in my room by my mirror so I can remember everyday what I am hoping to give to Jesus this year. I thought it was such a thoughtful way to remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas! I will continue this tradition my whole life.

I hope everyone's holiday was absolutely merry and wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment