Sunday, June 26, 2011

outfits

I've decided since I dress up every single day for work that I would document my outfits again... I wish I had been doing it the past couple weeks because I love my warmer clothes better and have more of them so once it gets really hot outside I'm worried my outfits are going to be more limited.... This time I think I will maybe document why I picked out what I did...to maybe make it more interesting. A glimpse inside my mind.

June 20th 

Today I was not in the best mood and I was super tired so I tried to pick something that would make me feel pretty and that was super comfortable.

-Knit pants: J.Crew. They are like dressy sweats which is exactly my style! I love them.
-Navy Sequin Tank: J.Crew. I love navy-it may be my current favorite color-and I love sequins. My sister just bought it and since we share clothes.. I thought today would be the day for some sparkle.
-Grey and Black Cardigan: J.Crew. One of the few items I bought full price because I loved it SO much. I love the detail and it is super comfy. 
-Heels: Michael Kors. One of my most FAVORITE pairs of shoes. They are pretty comfortable too.
-I had been parting my hair more in the center for the past couple months and today my hair just didn't go there, it went back to its side. I think I'll be switching it up more often and going in-between the two to make my hair a little more exciting. (It has been the same for the past... forever. The same color (I've never dyed it) and it's been long for most of my life).

June 21
Most days I wake up with an outfit in mind... today that wasn't the case. So this is what I came up with. I was going for more chill...but then I put heels on so... to me heels are everyday -casual or dressy- so I still consider this a more casual outfit (no silk, no jewelry). 

-Cardigan: J.Crew. lightweight, chunky zipper, and stripes, grey and cream! GREAT combination. My sister just bought it. Perfect for summer.
-Sequin Tank: J.Crew. Knit tank with a sequin panel. So casual and comfy yet dressy and sparkly-just my style.
-Grey Minnie Pants: J.Crew. cropped and stretchy.
-Heels: Farylrobin-Kaleidoscope. LITERALLY the best and most comfortable pair of shoes I own. LOVE! 

June 22
This is one of my favorite shirts-I got it YEARS ago and I still love it so much (sadly the picture does NOT do it justice... and I only took the one so I don't have other options). It was also the first day I wore jeans to work. I don't know what inspired me to wear them... I was in a hurry so I just picked something simple and quick that I knew would look good together so I wouldn't have to try a lot of things on. I had to go to work straight from Jazz so it was a hair up day.

-Shirt: Urban Outfitters. Chiffon, zip up back, and super cute. (again, it looks 100% better in person)
-Jeans: J.Crew. Confession-I haven't been able to wear these pants in over a year because I gained weight in NYC but I tried them today and they fit PERFECTLY! Finally back to my normal body!
-Shoes: J.Crew. Adorable, but not the most comfortable-they hurt the tops of my toenails after awhile. 

June 23

My day off-lunch with Mommy. I was super hot because I had worked out and been to 7 peaks in the morning so I just threw on the lightest thing I could. I love dresses! So breezy. 

-Dress: Gap. long enough, cute enough, light enough, comfy enough.
-Cardigan: Target. I have it in 3 colors. 
-Sash: Gap. came with the dress
-Shoes: Sperry Topsiders-J.Crew. Perfection.

June 24

Work then Bain's Dance Company Showcase-got to be all dressed up to support my amazing sister! (videos and pictures will be posted of her dancing soon!)

-Shirt: J.Crew. I guess it was sequin week! LOVE this shirt, it was originally in the upper $100 price range... luckily though when I was working in NYC one in my size found it's way on to the sale rack... I think I got it for like... $30 or something-BEST DAY EVER!
-Pants: J.Crew. Pixie Pant. LOVE. Best pants. They are like thick leggins-super comfortable with full coverage. 
-Shoes: Seychelles-Nordstrom. My lovely summer splurge that has proven to be the best idea I've ever had. 

June 25
Work 11-5. Definitely needed something comfy (long shift plus cramps) and I opted for flats. I was sick of my outfit when I got home so I changed to go up to Park City with Taylor-we were J.Crew outlet shopping so... naturally I needed a more J.Crew outfit.

Outfit 1
-Dress: Nordstrom (i think... it is Bain's) I was sick of my dresses so I took a look through Bain's closet
-Cardigan: Banana Republic. Classic find. I needed a white pretty cardigan and... it was on sale.
-Shoes: All Black-Flower Basket. my senior prom shoes. Not the most comfortable but they are cute!

Outfit 2
-Shirt: J.Crew. stripes. grey and white. zipper up the back (not pictured). Last shirt I purchased with my employee discount.
-Skirt: J.Crew. factory. simple. grey. easy.
-Belt: J.Crew. factory. It's Bain's. I love that it is silver/grey WITH a gold buckle. It always ties in all my grey outfits with my gold jewelry.
-Necklace: Anthropologie. I LOVE this necklace. I have the same style in 2 colors.
-Shoes: J.Crew-Sperry Topsiders. Again, comfortable and perfect. If I were a shoe... this would be me.

June 26

Church. I always dress up. I haven't worn anything but heels to church for the past.... at least 2 years. I LOVE getting dressed up and if church is my excuse-I'll take it.

-Shirt: J.Crew. factory. I bought it last night. I've been looking for a light weight navy sweater (navy is my current favorite color ESPECIALLY for summer) and it was 50% off.
-Skirt: aBree Original. I made it November 2008.
-Belt: Flower Basket. skinny gold-wraps around 3 times
-Necklace: NYC street fair. I saw it and HAD to have it. turns out I got a really good deal on it. I bought it for around $30 and I saw it in a store last weekend for $85. Nice.
-Shoes: J.Crew. golden perfection. comfy too. 

1 comment:

  1. your outfits are killer! teach us how to just come up with fun new outfits!

    ReplyDelete