Monday, June 6, 2011

simple beauties.

Life is good. I love Sunday's. Especially Sunday's when it is warm and beautiful outside. It was an eventful weekend and today has been relaxing and a wonderful day of catching up and remembering how blessed I am. How grateful I am for my life and all that I have. 

It was a special day for Sy and my Dad. They were each ordained in the priesthood-Sy to Elder, Dad to High Priest. Congratulations! It was a beautiful event, I am so grateful I have such amazing men to look up to in my life. 
Uncle LeGrand, Uncle Gary, Dad, Uncle Larry, Sy, Brother Wooley, Seth


Sy and I went to the single's ward for sacrament meeting and it was VERY good. I saw some old friends which was nice and then we went to the sacrament meeting at our family ward as well. Again, very good! Granny&Grandpa and Seth&Jenn had to leave today and the rest of us are all napping and enjoying the beginnings of summer! 

What I learned in church today was to be grateful for the small and simple things. I wish you all could have been in my head today because I can't express how wonderful each and every second of church was. It was full of love and thanksgiving. Of gratitude to our Savior who died so we can live. Be grateful for the plants, for the mailmen, for the garbage truck, for drinkable water, for ownership of property, for security, for the laws, for rain, for beds, for light, for cameras, for the internet, for endless food, for income, for every small thing that makes life possible. It was all given by Heavenly Father. Realize the literal miracle of bodies, of personalities, of movement, of thought, of words, of growth. Realize the blessings and miracles that surround us all that we take for granted. Life IS precious. It is pure and was created perfectly. Recognize the beauty that resonates in people and in nature. THAT is the love of Christ. That is what this world is all about. Life is a gift. 

How Great Thou Art
We sang this hymn in my singles ward and you know it's a good one when your 18 year old brother sings along (I was shocked-I honestly didn't even know what his voice sounded like, I have NEVER heard him sing) and when Carrie Underwood belts it out so graciously. It's a tear jerk-er. Enjoy. SO beautiful. There are two versions-both equally amazing. The first one has less verses but SO SO SO much emotion. The second is the full song, with all the perfect lyrics.


No comments:

Post a Comment