Tuesday, November 15, 2011

catch up

flowers and dress!!! AH, in LOVE! 

Day 12 (Saturday)

I am grateful for my massage therapist Amber (Remedez Salon). She is the best person in my life sometimes... she fixes me and I always leave refreshed and rejuvenated. I HIGHLY recommend if you love massages that you buy the 6 month wellness series. 6 massages for $300! It is a GREAT deal. Plus if you pre-book with Amber you get 15 extra minutes, so you are receiving a $65 1-hour massage, plus and extra 15 minutes for only $50. It is the BEST place to spend my money.

I am also grateful for all massages I receive, either by Amber or others who know that they are my favorite thing!! 

Day 13 (Sunday)
I am grateful for my testimony. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and answers my prayers. I know that trials only make us stronger (no matter how much they hurt). I know that the temple is the greatest place on Earth. I know that having daily scripture study improves your life. I know that we receive personal revelation today, and that I receive it on a daily basis. I know that God knows everything, He knows what is best and that I need to trust in his timeline. I know that hard things will be worth it in the end. I know that this gospel is what keeps me surviving. I know that God lives, that Christ is my Savior, that He lived and died for me. I know He knows my pains and sufferings. I know He has forgiven me and that He will always forgive me through the Atonement. I know that I will be with my eternal family (my current family as well as my future family when I get married and have kids). I know that it is only through Christ that we can receive all blessings that we are entitled to. I know that we have a living loving prophet today and that his words along with the words of past prophets are from God. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true, and I love it. 

It is MUCH harder to stay up on reading, studying, praying, etc. while living here in Utah going to school. That may sound weird but when I lived in NYC I RELIED solely on this gospel and my Savior to make it through each day. I LIVED for the hour that I spent studying and growing closer to Christ. I had no other support, no one else to turn to except my God. I miss those days. I miss that feeling of constantly being wrapped in my Heavenly Father's arms. My goal is to try to get back to where I once was. I do not have an hour each day to dedicate to reading the scriptures (unless I go to sleeping 5 or less hours a night instead of 6) but I know that there is still more I can do. I am busy, I am stressed, I am pressed for time, BUT it is only through God that we can manage these things. God only wants to help. If we give Him our time, He will pour out His blessing to us. 

I am grateful for my Savior, for His Atoning sacrifice. I am grateful that He loves me enough. I am grateful that He knows me by name. I am grateful that He knows what I need. I am grateful to know Him. 

"I stand all amazed at the Love Jesus offers me, confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me. I tremble to know that for me He was crucified, that for me a sinner He suffered He bled and died. 

I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine, to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine. That He should extend His great love unto such as I, sufficient to own to redeem and to justify.

I think of His hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt, such mercy such love and devotion can I forget? No, no I will praise and adore at the mercy seat, until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet.

Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me, Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"

Day 14 (Monday)

I am grateful for...

Zupas (my Mom took me to lunch) their bread is MY FAVORITE ever AND their soups are incredible. (I tend to get the Thai Peanut Chicken Salad and the Mushroom Soup! delicious!) 

Pumpkin Bread-I made the first batch of the season on Sunday and got to devour it while I was in the library slaving away.. made things much better!

My bed. I wish I could spend more time in it.

Day 15 (Tuesday)

This quote I read in my Doctrine and Covenants student manual

D&C 117:6-7

'Those who ally themselves with the Lord will ultimately prosper. God has power over all and will cause all things to work together for the good of those who walk uprightly and follow His counsels (D&C 90:24)'
"In relation to events that will yet take place, and the kind of trials, troubles, and sufferings which we shall have to cope with, it is to me a matter of very little moment; these things are in the hands of God, he dictates the affairs of the human family, and directs and controls our affairs; and the great thing that we, as a people, have to do is seek after and cleave unto our God, to be in close affinity with him, and to seek for his guidance, and his blessings and Holy Spirit to lead and guide us in the right path. Then it matters not what it is nor who it is that we have to contend with, God will give us strength according to our day." -John Taylor

sweat pants

I wore big dance sweats, a big NYCDA sweatshirt, and my big puffer coat to school today. First time all semester. I felt like a bum BUT when you are at school from 8am-11:50pm it is SO worth it. I was comfy. It was nice. (hey, I'm a dancer, I am entitled to wear my dance clothes every once in a while right??)

AND the HOLIDAY J.CREW CATALOG!!!!!
finally.


There are SO many things I am DYING for... DYING!! 
I. LOVE. J.CREW. FOREVER.
(I'll post my wish list...after this week is over)

Day 16 (TODAY/Wednesday)

I am grateful for Gavin DeGraw. 
His voice.
unreal.
I listened to his album "SWEETER" full blast in the car today...
HIS VOICE!! 
ah. it kills me.

I also just realized that my favorite holiday is in a week!!! 
(where did November go?) 
Not only is it my first Thanksgiving home for 2 years but it will also be the first Thanksgiving with my WHOLE FAMILY in 4 years!!! 
2007 and 2008 Seth was on his mission
2009 and 2010 I was in NYC
Now we're all going to be home. 
Including Jenn and the grandparents.

I am grateful for holidays! Especially Thanksgiving.


Oh and fun news...
Remember Brandon Harvey, my dear from since Jr. High
HE'S GETTING MARRIED!! 
He are some of the cute engagements I stole off FB.



Long post-I apologize.
I just needed to catch up it was driving me crazy!

I'll end with some outfits...nothing too exciting, it is definitely the season for comfy and putting hair up (my hair gets SO static-y in the winter...no bueno. Plus I need a haircut-BAD. I get one next week (since I'll have time-no school)

Comfy Casual

Outfit 1: Saturday at work then the library
All J.Crew
Necklace: Anthropologie 

FAVORITE pants, they are like dressy sweatpants. They are basically "me" in a pant. I love being comfortable while still being fashionable. Currently I LOVE dressing up my comfy with a heel (especially these booties, they go with everything!) This sweater is another one of my FAVORITE purchases for last season. SO warm and comfy, and such a gorgeous design. 

Outfit 2: Bain going to Church
Dress: Banana Republic
Cardigan: J.Crew
Scarf: Urban Outfitters
Socks: ??
Boots: Nordstrom (I think..Steve Madden)

Outfit 3:Wednesday at school then work then the library
Sweater: Taylor's closet.. it shrunk so I took it when he cleaned out his closet post-mission (unsure of brand/store)
Everything else: J.Crew

 Felt like adding some neon in a scarf and a belt (hidden in picture). I also wore my bright yellow J.Crew coat.One of those days where I thought color may brighten the mood of myself and others.

Bain came into my room as she was getting ready and somehow we managed to wear the same colors without even planning to. 
Two ways of wearing Black and Teal

Bain:
Blazer: H&M
Dress: Nordstrom
Socks: Forever 21 (thanks Seth and Jenn)
Boots: Target

Me:
All J.Crew 
Earrings: Nordstron
Bow/Belt: off of an Anthropologie dress
Watch: Michael Kors

No comments:

Post a Comment