Thursday, January 31, 2013

sweet little tender mercies

Today was a hard day. Or I guess a hard evening.
For many reasons.

But the Lord gave me a few sweet tender mercies to help me know that He is there.


8:10pm
a) My amazing fiance walked all alone all the way across campus to his car and drove as close to the library as he could to pick me up so that I wouldn't have to walk in the cold and so I could keep working on things a little bit longer.

8:25pm
b) While I was finishing up studying waiting for Taylor to email me telling me he was ready to pick me up a few sweet students passed around post-it notes to those studying in the library. Each note was different (from what I could tell - peeking at other peoples notes) which made mine all the more special. It was LITERALLY a gift from my Heavenly Father and was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. I think it is going to become my new saying. It read:

"God's plan for your life far exceeds the circumstances of your day."



Amen.

8:30pm
c) On my way out of the library I reached into my coat pocket and found a kit-kat bar that Taylor had given me a couple days ago. I completely forgot about it because I wasn't in the mood for it when he gave it to me - but tonight, it was a little piece of heaven.

I'm so grateful for the sweet souls who touch my life. For simple tender mercies.

----

I'm also so grateful for my girlfriends.

My lovlies (Talyn, Katie, and Emily) try to get together monthly and it is always a breath of fresh air. Time to just laugh hysterically and eat yummy food. This Wednesday was pizza and fondue night - just what we all needed.

(picture via Emily's Blog)

My other good friend Mckenzie gave me literally the sweetest note I have ever received a couple weeks ago and I read it again today - for a little pick me up. It's amazing what a seemingly insignificant note can do, something that takes less than 20 minutes to write can truly lift someone up so easily. What an amazing gift.

And last but not least, I had a card waiting for me when I got home from school today - a little baby Maxwell was born to beautiful Megan and Jake. What a sweet reminder of everyday miracles. Of pureness and infinite love. 



Life is good - even when it's hard and stressful. If we just look for the happy small moments every day we will be filled with so much joy and hope. 

I'm so grateful for all the influential people in my life.

3 comments: