Thursday, May 20, 2010

final days....

Final day of INTENSE homework, thank goodness.

Was working on my journal/portfolio, went to bed at 2:30, woke up at 4:45, finalized my portfolio for printing, Staples @ 7:30, spent $100 and an hour for printing/cutting, class 9-12 presented my PDM final, 12-1 worked on portfolio journal, 1-2 lunch with Katie, 2-3 finished Journal section of Portfolio, 3:30-5 Crumbs cupcakes with Taylor from FIT dance team and last minute bridal swatching at mood, 5:30-6 dinner (subway and watermelon), 7 p.m FINISHED PORTFOLIO!!!!!!!!!! 7-9 cleaned/showered/figured out my future, 9 p.m energy shot, 9:30 starting to sew my Twist Dress that is due at 8a.m. tomorrow! Yes, I did just say START and yes it is due in less than 12 hours. LAST NIGHT OF THIS NONSENSE! yay. FINISHED Twist dress @ 2:30

TOTAL HW hours: 12
7 hours of sleep in the past 68 hours. BUT I get to sleep tonight!! 5.5 hours!!! So excited! 

Finals done! EXCEPT a suit (jacket and pants) that I have to sew before Monday.

Here is how happy Hannah and I are going to be when it is over... @ least I was supposed to look happy and excited... it didn't turn out that way, I look like I am in major pain.. hahaha and my dark circles under my eyes are lovey!

FUTURE plan A: J.Crew is opening a BRIDAL BOUTIQUE in NYC. I want to work there SO SO SO bad. Here is my possible future.....watch here

FUTURE plan B: SO... I am about to get my Fashion Design degree, I will get my business Bachelors degree at BYU and I also really really want to take some classes/go to school for floral design, cooking, and photography. I was writing this all out, my future, the other day and was stressed and worried about what my life would mean... lots of little on the side jobs etc. trying to do all of these things? or would I just have to pick one and stick to it??? I want a career but I want to do them all, and I can't have a career in them all there are way too many different paths... as I was talking this out yesterday with my friend, meaning to say exactly what I had just written, I had modern day revelation because the past week this has been eating at me, I couldn't figure it out, then my future just spilled out of my mouth and I don't know how it did. I don't know why I didn't come up with it on my own to begin with but... here it is.

Custom Wedding Designer. Brides come to me and my team for EVERYTHING. I have been told lately that my mind works differently than others, I never knew that, I thought the things I think of in relation to design were common sense and everyone thought of them but apparently that is not the case. SO I want to put ALL my talents and likes to use. I love weddings and this way I can have all my many dream weddings through others. I will design and execute the...

Dress (bride, bridesmaid, wedding party): I can help design, make, alter, find, accessorize the PERFECT dress.

Flowers: Customize/decide on colors and flowers.

Food: We'll have the best recipes for all occasions, dessert/salad bar/light dinner etc


Photography: Cute, new, fresh ideas for all wedding related photographs.


Basically come to me and I will design the perfect wedding for YOU! With high taste level and no stress on your part! AND I get to do everything I LOVE! plus I get to attend MANY weddings! Which if you haven't guessed are my FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WORLD!!!! Perfection. I will do all the designing with my bride and then have specialized teams who will help me in the execution process.

Basically either one of these futures look GREAT to me, I guess we'll see... Got LOTS more school, learning, experience to go though..


P.S. I highly DO NOT recommend that you try to break my lack of sleeping record, I can attest it does weird things to your body... not fun. I experienced shakiness, blurry vision, MAJOR head aches, aches in my knees and all over-PAINFUL, oh and experienced for the first time which again I hope NONE of you have to, I didn't even know it was possible but.. I got a charley horse in my HEAD, yes, OUCH, way weird, it still hurts this morning. hahaha oh the joys. NO MORE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS!!!!!!!!! YAHOO

P.P.S. Some things to look forward to...
2 days until my parents come (both mommy AND daddy!)
5 days until graduation (Associates Degree in Fashion Design)
13 days until Paris
20 days until Milan
28 days until home!

2 comments:

  1. good luck with everything! what you are doing is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i kinda want to open either a restaurant or a catering company.. we should be partners!! i love your blog, you're so amazing and driven and talented!

    ReplyDelete