Tuesday, May 11, 2010

week with mommy and granny


Tuesday: arrival at 8 a.m. After I got out of class at 11 we had some things around the dorm that we needed to do so we didn't go out until after my second class. We had dinner at Mama Mexico and then dessert at Magnolia Bakery (banana pudding naturally)  then I had dance.

Wednesday: I was able to miss my second class so we had from 12-6 to play. My whole FIT went and got sprayed tanned for free ($70 value) so I did that then we went to my FAVORITE Italian restaurant, Le Zie (between 21-22 and 7th ave) so delicious. Hand rolled pasta and gnocchi to perfection! Then we went over to Billy's Bakery for some pie (peanut butter chocolate and key lime, my granny got a red velvet cupcake) Then I needed to get some fabric for my class so we went to Mood, then my friend Nicole was in town on auditions and such and we met up for a bit. After that I had dress rehearsal all night.

Thursday: I didn't see my mommy or granny at all until the show. They went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, while I had class all day. The first show went really well, It was a lot of fun!

Friday: In the morning before class we went to my FAVORITE french restaurant, La Grannine Cafe. PURE PERFECTION. So yummy! After class we went to Union Square to Vanessa's Dumplings (a cheap Japanese restaurant that is delicious, recommended by my friend Aaron) we then hit up Trader Joe's, very impressive line, it wrapped the WHOLE store. Our dessert was from Crumb's Bakery, CUPCAKES; cappuccino (seriously the best cupcake I have EVER tried!!!), twice baked, and squiggle. The show tonight wasn't as good for me, I was a little off... it wasn't the first night jitters, or the last night emotion, it was just the middle show and I was tired.


Saturday: We started the day in my favorite part of town, down in Battery Park by the Hudson. After walking along the water we stopped in for MANGO LICORICE. Yum Yum Yum. I showed my mom the apartment I want to live in. We even got a tour of some rooms and I fell in LOVE. A studio with a loft, 2 closets, and 2 HUGE windows with a walk out balcony overlooking Trinity Church. It is pretty much PERFECT. It could definitely fit 3 people (tight by fine) which would make it pretty darn cheap. Any one want to move to the city to live with me?????? Ah I want it SO SO SO SO SO SO bad. After that we went uptown to a Trim store called M&J Trimmings. It is amazing in there. We ended our afternoon with Serendipity, naturally. AMAZING as always. The final show was AMAZING! It really was so good, I am really sad that I honestly don't know the next time I will be on a stage dancing again.... I am so glad my mommy and granny got to be here! After the show we ate cannoli's!



Sunday: Banana Pudding for breakfast and church. They left me for my slow death of upcoming homework overload at 3. SAD DAY. It was great I got to spend Mother's Day with them for a little bit and then they get to spend a couple hours with the rest of the family.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

I don't think I am ever eating sweets again, haha I feel so sick, sugar high to the max. All I had this week was basically one huge meal and a lot of dessert... NO GOOD. Especially coming from a week or so without any sweets. It was good while I was eating, well it was AMAZING while I was eating, but every time I would finish I would be so sick.

Kelsey please disregard this blog post... hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment