Sunday, May 30, 2010

guests, graduation, game, going shopping

Awaited post from last weekend Sunday-Tuesday

My parents (both mommy and daddy) came on Sunday morning to help me pack and come to my graduation. I am so happy I was able to spend some time with them! We didn't do much but pack, but I couldn't have done it without them.

We ate at an amazing Thai place called Sea, I had been there before and it is very good. They also had the BEST creme brulee ever! SO DELICIOUS. It was truly wonderful.

On Sunday night we packed a lot and I sewed my suit. I sewed and packed until about 6:30 in the morning... last all nighter. THANKFULLY! (that is my cute pattern making teacher in the background)

We continued to pack and run errands on Monday, it is hard and took forever because I had to pack in 3 categories, 1) Storage-kept @ Emily's house in Jersey 2) Home, clothes etc. that I will need for summer etc. 3) Study Abroad, 3 weeks in a small suitcase, good thing I am good and mixing and matching!

We ate again at a WONDERFUL Italian restaurant, so so good! Called Gaetana's Cucina Italiana in the West Village. It was to die for hearty delicious Italian, so yummy! AND homemade doughnut type things covered in powdered sugar, dipped in chocolate. PURE HEAVEN!

Tuesday morning I GRADUATED at Radio City Music Hall. Yay, 2 years of work completed in 1 year of time. I have a degree, a Fashion Design degree from the Fashion Institute of Technology!!!!! YAHOO! It was a very nice ceremony at Radio City Music Hall. I was so very tired and hungry and stressed so I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have but it was good!

We finished packing finally and had a few more errands to run before we met up with Katie and Emily for the Mets vs. Phillies Baseball game at Citi Field.

Every summer since 2004 my family hosts Rookie League Orem Owlz baseball players and in 2006 we had David Herndon, who now happens to pitch for the Phillies. It couldn't have worked out better, the only night we could go to a game was tonight and it happened to be that the mets were actually playing at home... and on top of that they are playing the Phillies, the one team we KNOW someone on. We were able to get players tickets from David for My dad, mom, myself, Katie and Emily. Katie happens to be a die hard baseball fan and Emily is a die hard Phillies fan so it worked out PERFECTLY. Oh and on top of that David got to pitch!!!! It was such a great night!

last night with Katie and Emily.... so sad, I am going to miss them so much. Katie for 3 weeks, Emily for a couple months.

Today, Wednesday, I started my study abroad. The first week is in NYC. We printed out a list of stores and basically we just go shopping to get inspired ALL DAY, EVERYDAY. lovely. I am focusing on Bridal but will also be looking at a variety of stores to be inspired by other trends. Our assignment is to shop and take pictures! So lucky I am. The hard part is sneaking the pictures, they don't like pictures... I got to learn to be aggressive... Good luck to me.

I also got a cheap but great mani/pedi (only $21). The nail color has a bit more citrus lime in it then it photographed, it looks real pretty in person, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment