Friday, May 27, 2011

food and shoes

I created a new cake ball and it is AMAZING!!! I am making oreo and cake balls for Taylor's Homecoming so I tried experimenting with flavors... the first time I made the cake balls I just used red velvet since it was for Valentines Day and they were not very exciting... SO... I wanted to try something new.

All you do to make cake balls is bake a cake. Mix the warm cake with frosting. Shape into balls. Cool in fridge. Dip (cover) in chocolate. Super easy.

This time I used lemon cake with lemon frosting dipped in white chocolate with yellow sprinkles (turned out SO yummy)
and for my MASTERPIECE
Cinnamon (cinnabon) cake mix with cream cheese frosting, DIPPED IN CARAMEL!!!!!!!!, then dipped in white chocolate with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top. Perfection, I am awesome! I got the idea from the fantastic apple pie caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory which is a green apple dipped in caramel and then white chocolate and then cinnamon and sugar.
Cinnamon balls-horrible lighting
Lemon balls


On a completely different note..

Yesterday I bought an AMAZING pair of shoes... I couldn't resist. They are perfect. I've been searching for a neutral/nude heel and though these are not the typical nude shoe that I was originally looking for
typical nude shoe-which I still LOVE and want

they are even better. I LOVE wedges, they are comfy and they flatter the foot so well. The little flower detail is SO ME and I just am IN LOVE WITH THEM. Plus I already own a pair of shoes in this brand and they are SO comfortable. Thanks Katie for talking me into speding my precious money on these babies!
My NEW shoes!

3 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on those shoes. They're so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute shoes!! i want them. brand??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seychelles, I got them at Nordstrom! Seriously SO comfy. I've worn them 3 days in a row for MANY hours on my feet and not a blister or a sore foot! I love them!

    ReplyDelete