Friday, May 20, 2011

what to wear...

That was the question on everyones mind (at least my fashion girls in NYC) when I found out when I would be seeing Taylor for the first time in over 2 years.. Since I am a pretty casual person (though I love dressing up) I decided to go with my basic formula.. pants, silk cami, cardigan, and topsiders. This is what I came up with...

my favorite summer jeans-J.Crew
my newest silk cami-Banana Republic
my favorite cardigan-J.Crew
my favorite sperry topsiders-J.Crew

for accessories..
the usual plus
earrings (can't see in picture-sorry) are new and beautiful
bracelets: pearl bracelet from Wilkins' family and gold stone bracelet from Taylor


I am holding the present I gave Taylor.

I placed slips of papers with fun activites we can do together this summer in 'our "fun things to do" jar'

Here's the story. Taylor's family picked him up from his mission in NY on Wednesday May 11. Since his mom was out of town she asked me to make a "welcome home" sign for her. They arrived home around 1am this morning. Taylor was released at 3:30pm and we were finally able to meet up at 6. I met him up in the canyon and have been smiling ear to ear since. We hugged, we smiled, we laughed, we complimented each other, we held hands, we were both very very happy. We took a drive up past Heber and just talked and took it all in. Us. again. It felt so normal, so good, and so perfect. I am happy. Our reunion ended early because he is wonderful and had to drive to the airport at 9 to pick up a member from the Bronx who was flying into town and needed a ride. Though I wish I was with him now, I am so glad that he is so amazing and so willing to help others. He is such a good guy and I am so happy he is home! He is my best friend, and I missed him so much!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Bree!! I can't wait to hear all the details... and by all I mean every little thing :) You two are beautiful. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute!! and love the outfit! but fun cute jar idea...Loved to hear your fun summer activity ideas that were in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute jar idea is RIGHT! :)
    Basically I just love you.
    And I'm so dang happy that you are so dang happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh.... I was hoping you'd be wearing your white bree original pants when I first saw the title if your post, but glad you are wearing all your favorites. Gald he's back and you two are happy!! And, I'm jealous you got to see the closing show of wonderland. I was trying to make it out to see it, but guess that's over. Hope things are good!

    ReplyDelete