Thursday, May 5, 2011

central park and the met

Monday- I went to Ashley's work to get some fabric for costumes and then I had the first rehearsal for the dance I choreographed. After Taylor, Brittney, Alyssa and I went to Burgers & Cupcakes. I ordered sweet potato fries and a lemon cupcake (which by the way was delicious!) AND I think since it was closing they gave us an assortment of FREE CUPCAKES!!!! Best night ever! It just happens to be Taylor's favorite cupcake place so she was very excited! They were all very good.

our FREE cupcakes (the sweet potato fry is Taylor's-she was making her claim)

Here are some more photos from the photoshoot





Tuesday- Today I left around noon and went to Central Park. I was staying at the FIT dorms with Taylor tonight so I had a huge bag of my stuff and it was heavy and hard to lug around so I just read and read for a couple hours until she was off of work so she could let me in the dorms. I am reading the book The Help and it is very good. I am trying to take my time with it so it lasts my whole vacation.

Taylor made us dinner and then we stopped by Krispy Kreme for the new OREO DOUGHNUT!!!! which is VERY delicious-before dance rehearsal. Dance lasted until after 11 and then we watched the Office and I slept on a nice blow up mattress.


Wednesday- Taylor had to leave at 830 for work so I had to leave then too. It was pouring rain and freezing so I went to Borders to read for a little before I got breakfast. I stood in line to get student rush tickets ($27) to Jersey Boys on Broadway then went back to Borders because I had to be out until 6 today (when Alyssa gets off of school so I can be let back in the dorm-DUMB rules!) I then went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and awed at all the beauty for a few hours before heading to J.Crew on 5th ave to visit Katharine.

The MET. (check out my POST from the first time I went there)

I LOVED all the interior design-SO inspiring
LOVE the bold fabric and wall hanging

amazing detail.. why don't we do this anymore....

fabric wall-paper!!!

HUGE gold mirror with SO much detail

crazy couch

statues and ceiling art

LOVE this on the wall!
My favorite kind of art is VERY detailed.
blows my mind!

gruesome I know.. but look at the detail in her dress!

so REAL!!

I just liked this fashionable man's shoe!
Another thing I am amazed by is sculptures. I didn't take pictures of many because most are nude but the art of a sculpture just simply is mesmerizing and so amazing to me.
people just come and draw (the guy in the bottom left is incredible)
one of my FAVORITES


haha funny dancers




 Just some pretty paintings
love the thick brush strokes

the colors in person were outstanding. the clouds are lovely

this was painted on all the walls of a dining room! Sweet!

modern/abstract/conceptual art...
up close

big picture. LOVE! I want it in my house

up close

big picture (I thought my brother SY would like this)

differences in the thickness of brush strokes

COLORS

this is an up close picture of a field of flowers

reminded me of SY again

My phone died-which was kind of scary because I needed to find Alyssa and Taylor to get back into the dorms so I sat in the dorm lobby around 6 hoping Alyssa came straight home from class and luckily she did! Alyssa made dinner and then Taylor and I went to Jersey Boys. It was AMAZING! Listen to the soundtrack-the music is SO good!

lovely picture after being in the rain all day..

I slept at Taylor's again and then came back to Ashley's at 8 when Taylor had to leave for work.

Plans: Tonight Dinner with Carrie, tomorrow Chelsea Market, Saturday and Sunday DANCE DANCE DANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment