Monday, May 9, 2011

the weekend-FIT NYC style

FRIDAY
 I've already been here a week!! It doesn't feel like it-the time has flown by. I had to buy my second unlimited weekly metro card. I spent the day in Rockefeller plaza browsing, shopping, and reading. 
I bought myself a NY Yankee's hat... my father and brother won't approve but I like the colors and logo of the Yankees better than the Mets and I figure... I am a new yorker and should represent. I lost my other baseball cap and needed one way too many times this past semester at BYU so I figured it was time. I got a kids size so the bill is smaller and it is kind of vintage looking. I love it.  

The J.Crew at Rock Center holds some dear memories. It is the one that Katie Emily and I also went to.

Antrhopologie always has the most AMAZING window displays. This time they used corks to decorate. 


I read in the plaza until Taylor and her friend Matt met me for dinner. We ate at 'witchcraft and then I had Mr. Softee ice cream for dessert. I watched the Office with Taylor, Brittney, and Matt at the dorms and we also watched parts of our FIT dance performance from last year. FYI today marks the 2 year mark since Elder Wilkins departed for his mission... it also marks the 2 week mark until I get to see my BEST FRIEND ELDER WILKINS AGAIN!

SATURDAY
Today FIT had a block party and the dance team performed at it and we handed out fliers promoting the show. At this block party my life changed forever.... I experienced FRIED OREOS!!!!! OH MY, HEAVENLY GOODNESS!!!!!! It was amazing.

I had rehearsal for my dance... maybe I'll give you a preview of it next week. I think it is going well! I am excited about it. We only have 6 hours of rehearsal and we perform it on Thursday!! The girls in it are amazing though and we will pull it off. After dance we went to Brooklyn Bagels-a new york classic! LOVE THIS PLACE. Miss Katie Agle introduced me to it and I am FOREVER grateful.

I went to Union Square with Taylor and her friends from 'So You Think You Can Dance'-who all made it to Vegas. We think there was a bomb threat-the police came and were trying to kick us all out... it was strange-I don't think anything happened. Trying to clear a few hundred people from the street is nearly impossible. Then back at the dorms we ordered diner take-out (sweet potato fries and milkshakes)-we sewed a little and then watched the Office (my dorm friends are obsessed. haha such a funny show)

SUNDAY
Bright and early we had dance... 8am. Since I am only in 4 dances I had 6 hours of actual rehearsal and 6 hours of breaks where I cut and sewed some dance costumes and practiced the dances that I am in. Oh how I miss dancing!!!! My body is physically in shape but out of dancing shape meaning... I got 3 split toes and about 20 new bruises today. I haven't had to roll on the ground or dance barefoot in about a year. That is SO depressing to me! I am so grateful for my ability and dancing talent that I have been given. Somehow I hope to be able to use this talent forever. I never want to stop. I love it SO much! There is nothing like the FIT dance team in Utah. Which is precisely why I am here in NYC right now! 

From 8:30-11pm we had a show run through with costumes-last time rehearsing with mirrors... last time really rehearsing at all. We will run through the dances on stage maybe 5 times before the shows start. It was a really late night, a really long day and I am so grateful for the life I've been given. 

On the cab ride back to Queens I talked with Debbie-SHE LEAVES TODAY-MONDAY- to fly to NYC with her family to pick up Taylor. It is surreal that this day has finally come. Taylor will be with his loving family this Wednesday! It feels like it's been FOREVER since I've seen him but it also feels like he just left. It doesn't feel like two years has past since I've seen his smile or heard his voice and laugh IN PERSON. He is still my best friend and two years hasn't changed that.

P.S. Happy Mothers Day to my beautiful, amazing, wonderful, loving, caring, supportive, exceptional, one of a kind mommy!!! We will celebrate in 4 days when you come to NYC!! I love you! (last year she spent Mother's Day in NYC with me to come see my FIT dance concert)
Mother's Day 2010
P.P.S. sorry for the lack of pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment