Wednesday, May 18, 2011

the rest of my WONDERFULLY perfect trip

Friday:
Like I mentioned before, my mom and I started the day at the french place and then stopped at Mood before getting my suitcase in Queens. On the way back to Manhattan we ate a lamb gyro and then checked into her hotel. For dinner we ate at Rosa Mexicano (fresh homemade guacamole DELISH!)
making the guac

happy with guac

entree-AMAZING


Then we had the 2nd FIT dance concert. Here is the dance I choreographed..some pictures and a video (actually the video wouldn't load.. so I'll work on that)

pictures by kaitlin cremmins




my team
After the show my friends and I went to the Houndstooth Pub for dinner-my first time at a pub. The food was SO yummy-hands down the best sweet potato fries of my LIFE!!!!
Monika, Me, Brit, and Taylor



Saturday:

This morning Taylor, Brittney and I decided that we should end our last day of performances with a tea party in Central Park (since the theme of our show was tea party/wicked wonderland). It was a chilly but beautiful day to spend in the park with my friends-eating croissants, fruit, crumbs cupcakes, pasta salad, cheese and crackers, and tea (water for me).


Afterwards I met my old roommate Hannah at Chelsea Market for lunch-She ate at a delicious crepe place, I wasn’t feeling well (probably the cupcake for breakfast) so I had a snow cone (straight off the block of ice-with homemade pear and plum syrup). After we went to the sample sale that was going on in CM. I wasn’t going to get anything but then I saw this AMAZINGLY ADORABLE skirt that probably retailed in the $150-200 range and I got it for $45. It made me SUPER happy-I love it.

I took a much needed mini nap and went to FIT to get ready for the final show. We took pictures and enjoyed each other as much as we could. I LOVE dancing with these girls (and Max). Truly it is an honor to share the stage with them. They are inspiring and beautiful and I love every minute I get to share with them. Dance team-THANK YOU for letting me come join your show this weekend. It was just what I needed. I miss you guys SO much and will always remember how much you all meant to me (and still mean to me). I want to thank especially the girls in my dance who picked up the choreography so quickly and danced so beautifully, for all the choreographers who let me join their dances at the last minute, and to all those who lent me their space for the night. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience at FIT-to meet you all- and now, to have danced with you again. I love you guys!!!
Soaking our feet in Epsom Salt before the show

clockwise: Katie, Amanda, Alyssa, Taylor, Laura, Max

"the birth of Bree" haha backstage and stage view

Katie's Dance

elbow stand
 
acro lift

Taylor's Dance

my dance



After the show I met up with my mom and her friend Teri who joined her on the vacation and we ate at Shake Shack. I introduced her to the ‘Shroom Burger-she LOVED it. I was so happy my mom could see me perform! I love having her in the audience. She is so supportive.

Then the whole team met at a bar for the after party. It was my first time ever going out in the city. I now am 21 so I could legally get into the bar and be with all my friends. It was SO MUCH FUN!! The karaoke was hilarious and the lovely drunk guys with pick up lines like “hey, where’s the bathroom?” then when I point he continues with “oh… well could you actually show it to me?” (He asked this a few times after I continued to point/ignore him)… Creeper. Sorry no! haha thanks to Amanda who showed him what’s up by forcefully telling him that he did not need help to the bathroom, that he was basically pathetic and that he needed to leave me alone. All in all it was such a great weekend! (even though this night and weekend was super tiring, we didn’t get to bed until around 4 am)

documentation of my night out on the town...while holding my friends drink


Sunday:
Rise and shine bright and early for 9 am church (at the new year my singles ward switched times from 9 to 11 so we ended up at the family ward). I was kind of sad because I really wanted my mom to meet my old Bishop and I wanted to see some old friends.

We had a pumpkin scone (from heaven) from Alice’s Tea Cup while we waited the supposed 2.5 hours for a seat to eat brunch. It ended up being only about 40 minutes until they were able to seat us. OH MY GOODNESS- this place was adorable and so delicious. I had French Toast (naturally) that was more like bread pudding!!! Masterpiece in a bowl is what I would call it. My mom got a poached egg and smoked salmon over a scone which was also amazing! We got caffeine free Christmas Brew Tea which I also thoroughly enjoyed.


For our afternoon entertainment we went to the Broadway show Wonderland. It was very good, entertaining, and funny. ALSO I about died… the male lead (the white knight) PROPOSED!!!!!! To the female lead (Alice) after the show. Like FOR REAL!!!!! Seriously the sweetest thing I have ever witnessed. I was crying-it was perfect. It was also Wonderland’s last show… we were so lucky to be there.



We stopped in Central Park for a little walk before having dinner at one of my favorite Italian restaurants in the West Villiage. I got amazing cheese ravioli with crème sauce with peas and prosciutto!!!! LOVE IT! And Italian doughnuts for dessert dipped in chocolate.
just some NYC pictures



my mom caught me reading a text.... I guess I was happy... haha even if it only said "hey how are you?"
I had to say bye to my FIT dance girls-again-I hate good bye’s. I’ll miss them so much.

Monday:
We went to Hoboken New Jersey to visit Carlo’s Bakery (The Cake Boss). We were so lucky the line is known to be anywhere from a 2-4 hour wait… BUT we only had to wait 30 minutes or so!! It was delicious. I don’t follow the show but my mom’s friend Teri does and she LOVED it! We had many different baked goods and stopped at a juice press store to eat up.


Today was our shopping day-we had a few things on our list like…Canal Street (which by the way I am getting SO good at working those sellers! I got a price down from $65 to $35 (watch) and from $70 down to $20 (perfume)! I also wanted to show my mom the J.Crew at Columbus Circle that I used to work at. I got to see a few of my managers and old associates which was really fun… (I REALLY WISH I STILL HAD MY DISCOUNT!) I did get bright yellow Sperry TopSiders (for J.Crew) rain shoes that were on sale that I love. After J.Crew we stopped at GROM for the best gelato in the world.

I met up with Jenn at Rockefeller Center to chat for a bit before she had to go back to work. We hit up H&M because Bain needed a dress for her freshman formal this weekend. Then we ended the night at Serendipity. This time we got the Lemon Ice Box Pie Sundae with fresh berries and sauce. SUPER delicious!!



Tuesday: By today I am just SO tired and SO ready to go home. 18 days is a LONG time to be hopping from place to place and filling everyday with walking, dancing, and activities. I am so worn out! We needed to buy some more costume trims and I was looking for horse hair (a plastic woven strip that is used around hems of evening dresses to hold their shape) so at M&J trimmings I was told I could find horse hair right around the corner. It was still early so not all the shops were open yet and so I stumbled into an evening dress store because it was the only place that MAYBE would have it… the guy had a thick accent and kept telling me “HHHOOAAAAAAAAAAAARSEE hair? What’s hhooaaarrse hair? I’ve been in the business 35 years and I’ve never heard of it. Who named it that anyway?” After explaining what horse hair was (that it helps keep the shape of a dress) he said he knew what I needed and I told my mom he’d bring me a petticoat. Sure enough he did and he said “and you don’t even need to kill any horses for it!” OH man, it was the funniest thing in the world. I am guessing you had to be there I just wanted to write it so my mom and I could always remember! Hahahaha we did find the right place later in the day once it opened.
the hotel

We then went to my favorite museum, the Frick Collection. SO beautiful-too bad I was so tired I didn’t enjoy it as much as I wanted to (but I have been before so it’s all good!)

After we stopped at RICE TO RICHES (my mom and I tried the almond and cheesecake flavors! SO delicious!) then we had lunch at the Meatball Shop-seriously amazing. My mom’s sandwich was incredible. It was a beef meatball with mushroom sauce with cheese on a soft bun and oh my my, so delicious.

rice to riches signs-so funny

the meatball shop

the only Taxi ride we took

Teri was picked up for the airport and my mom and I did a little more shopping around for beads and cheap jewelry then we got picked up for the airport. The ride was long. I haven’t been feeling well for the past week and today was the worse so my stomach didn’t appreciate the ride but it is okay because we made it! Our flight was delayed but arrived on time and my daddy drove us home.

Dear bed. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment