Sunday, June 13, 2010

Milan day 1 and 2


Milan Day 1 and 2-Thursday and Friday.

It was a long day of travel. We had to meet at 430, we boarded the bus at 5, got to the airport and went thru customs by 630, took a shuttle bus to our plane and got to walk up stairs (I’ve always wanted to do that!) and took off at 745. The flight was lovely, it was very empty and I had a whole 3 person row to myself! It was practically perfect except I would have loved a pillow. The flight was a little over an hour. It was one of the best plane rides ever. If only my flight to NYC and to SLC could be like it.


I love the language here, I am very excited. Milan is not the place to go to fall in love with Italy though, I wish I could be in Florence, Venice, Rome etc. It is a lot more like NYC than Paris was. I love it though, I love being outside just walking around with no list of things I have to get done. There is really only one tourist attraction, the Duomo. Other than that and a few pieces of art work it is all about shopping, working on my class project, and relaxing. It is a nice change.


The food is inexpensive; I haven’t had a meal over 5 euros! And the gelato is TO DIE FOR!!!! I am literally having at least two scoops a day. I already have my flavors planned out!


Thursday I had, from the best gelateria EVER, literally, called Grom, melon and lemon. OH. MY. It honestly tasted like I was eating the ripest cantaloupe of my life, only better because it was gelato. I have NEVER experienced something with so much true flavor before. WOW. Friday I had from a different place that wasn’t quite as flavorful and more watery, but still good, grapefruit and mango! MMMmmm… grapefruit anything is definitely a top favorite of mine. The gelato is so cheap 2.50-3 Euros for 2 scoops! Later after dinner I had another scoop…………….. haha it was a cream cheese like flavor. Seriously, I could eat it EVERY SINGLE DAY for all three meals. That would make me the happiest person on earth! (I found out there is one in Greenwich village… You know where I will be every day when I am back in NYC.) My other flavor combinations are all picked out, but… I will expose this info as it comes along in my day rather than ruining the surprise now. My whole blog is going to just be pictures of my and gelato, I hope that’s okay, haha.


Thursday we ate at this AMAZING pizza place, HUGE deep pan pizza. SO dang good, and I don’t even like pizza. Only 5 Euros too. Then we scaled the Duomo. I have NEVER in my life been so impressed with architecture before. This building is literally impossible; I really do not know how it got built. It BLOWS my mind. It is BEAUTIFUL. I wish I could put into words my feelings about it because it is magnificent. We then proceeded to Grom for my first Italian gelato experience. YUMMY. We were beat, so we headed to the hotel. Me and Heather searched for internet but were unsuccessful. This city is quiet as exciting though so, there isn’t too much to blog about.


Dolce & Gabana, it fit like a glove, it was the perfect color palette, very nice. Too bad I am a poor college student. One day, one day. Me and Heather got gelato, grapefruit and mango!!! Delicious. It didn’t have quite as much flavor as the one from Grom, it was more watery but still so good. My professor then took us to designer heaven! A HUGE yarn store FILLED with so so so many colors. I LOVE COLOR. I loved it so much. Apparently the yarn is also 3 times cheaper here so it is a good deal, we as designers, just use the yarn as color inspiration because to me, color is the most inspiring thing in the world. I fell in love with so many colors, my collection for this class is a wedding collection though, which means not so much color…. I’ll have to incorporate it somehow. Again we were so tired, all this no sleep is FINALLY getting to me I guess. I feel asleep right as I got to my room at 5 and then later when to the grocery store, trying not to spend money on dinner. BUT then I ran into some people from my group who were about to go to dinner so I joined them for 4 euro pasta. Not bad I guess.. but then naturally I had more gelato! This time is was this amazing cream cheese type flavor. HEAVEN! Literally. SO yummy! Happy bree.



1 comment:

  1. hey bree! ha, please don't think it's creepy that i sometimes read your blog hahaha. my cousin is taylor (wilkins) and my aunt debbie told me to read this. anyway... major congrats on life! you seem to be doing amazing things. but, just fyi, there's a grom on broadway between 77th and 78th in the city. i used to live just a block over from it. but the original grom in italy, is better. but next time your in the city i would recommend it! -andrea

    ReplyDelete