Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sorry for all the blog posts in one day, I couldn't get online yesterday. This post was inspired by conversations with people on this trip.... Enjoy. P.S. I hope I get internet in Milan, and hopefully it will upload my pictures.. if not, I'll post in a week when I am back home!



Being on this trip has really made me see the differences in people. So many people want extremely different things out of their life. For instance I talked with a girl whose dream in life is TO BE A fashion designer. She will live on penny’s to do so, for however long it takes because it is her dream. Another loves school and wants a career, to be the breadwinner. Some only design sportswear, some evening dress, some lingerie, some menswear. It is truly amazing how different everyone is, how different things inspire so many people. Even from the way we dress. Everyone is the group has such different style, a lot of the girls wear mostly black, but yet each one, in the same color, have a completely different view on black, and a completely different style. Even views on things like weddings are so different for every person. Some want it big, some small, some don’t care. Some make it about the celebration, some about the ceremony, some about the people, none are wrong, all are beautiful, and all are different. No one is like me, I am an individual and I love it!
My thoughts on me.
Style: I wear basically only J.Crew, that is what I love, that is what I buy. I love color. I used to wear lots of black, but now that I live where that is all anyone wears I have really turned to lots and lots of color. I LOVE ruffles and flowers and girly details. I LOVE textures and detail on simple garments. I love odd combinations of colors in outfits that somehow work. I wear my topsiders daily (but heels for ANY occasion) with barely any make up. I am classy, sophisticated, timeless, and nautical. To me, I wear the most beautiful clothes (that I can afford of course….).
Social: I don’t need 100 acquaintances, I don’t need to know and talk to everyone, in fact I really don’t like to. BUT I love having my few VERY close friends. I have a very individualized group of friends, meaning, it is me and one of them at a time. I have many best friends, rather than a group of friends who all get along together. I love one on one time, I don’t like big groups. I am shy and not outgoing unless you know me, then I am the opposite. My idea of a good time is not going to bed so late that I hate myself in the morning. My family are people I love being with. If my Friday night consists of me and my mom eating a Rumbi salad and watching one tree hill I call it a good night. Staying in is what I love! I can’t wait to have married friend couples who we can get together with to play games and have dinner parties. I like USEFUL social interaction with people I know and love rather than big parties where no one progresses in relationships because there are so many strangers. I guess I am pretty low key. Things I love to do with friends (friends include family) are: sonic runs, reading books, watching great TV shows, making and eating food, listening to hard core music and singing along, long walks, going on drives, road trips, playing games, laughing for hours, sewing, and simply enjoying one another’s company.
Life: I don’t want to be the bread winner, I don’t need a career to make me happy, in fact I think it would make me miserable (unless it was my custom wedding business which is still in my future plans). I just want to live beautifully. Make beautiful clothing, and accessories. Make amazing dinners and baked goods. I want to have fresh flowers in the house and have cookies baked when my kids get home. I want to cuddle on the couch with my husband while watching football. It is all so cliché but I love it, and it is what I want. I may not be following the feminist movement, but I don’t want to. I honestly can’t wait for the day that I am a wife! I just want to travel the world, enjoy the beauty, and love. I can’t wait to waste away the day on a picnic in the park, fall asleep to a beautiful sunrise. I am a romantic. And that is okay.
Now you know.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Bree....LOVELY post :) I love following your adventures. Love EM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bree. I just love you! Thanks for sharing exactly who you are and what you love. This is why you are my favorite cousin. :) Have so much fun on your international adventure-- you'll cherish it forever, I promise!!

    ReplyDelete