Monday, June 7, 2010

Paris Day 4

Sorry again for no pictures, I will just let you know when I am able to add them and you can just go back through the posts to see them, hopefully in Milan! I know reading with no pictures is so boring but I don't know why they don't load. I try everyday. Soon I hope, Soon.

Day 4-Sunday June 6 2010

I started the day at the flea market. It was a sight to see, it was GIGANTIC and permanent, they didn’t just have little tents, it was almost like storage spaces rent out. There was SO much stuff it was insane, I got so lost! There were these beautiful old keys that were amazing and a necklace I wanted SO SO SO SO SO bad. They wouldn’t let me take a picture, but oh my goodness, it was to die for. 5 gold strands of beads clasped together with a marvelous handmade, hand painted little flowers and stuff. AMAZING, I seriously almost got it, it was 420 Euro. I would have worn it for my wedding! But it wouldn’t have necessarily been the smartest purchase plus when I put it on with my heart necklace that I never take off, they looked funny together. Oh it was a beauty though, and so old, and still in perfect condition. How I so wish I had a picture.

I was supposed to go to some museums with people from the group but like I said, we all got major lost in the flea market so I went by myself off to find Versailles. I nice, helpful Australian girl helped me buy my ticket in French since she was going to the same stop I was and I took the train to Versailles.

OH. MY. GOODNESS. AMAZING.

WOW. Versailles is breathtaking; it is absolutely beautiful, and SO DANG HUGE!!! No wonder it bankrupted a whole country! Gold everywhere, 100’s of paintings that are the size of a whole wall. Can you imagine painting that? How much time that would take, it is truly a sight to see. I love how much they enjoyed the beauty of art back then, miles of just enormous paintings. Many of the ceilings are painted too. Each room is decorated with art from floor to ceiling. Sculptures are what amaze me most though, carving a life form out of marble and having it actually look like the correct person blows my mind, but even more they make the SAME marble took like fur. FUR. And lace, rope, hair, satin. HOW do they do it? It is defiantly the most magnificent art form.

Enough about the beauties of the inside, the GARDENS are marvelous. Beautiful. I didn’t even see an 1/8 of it and I was there for 3 hours. I want to live in the gardens. I want to get lost in them, find a little secret spot and just fall asleep. There are so many different places to go, so much green!!!! It is the greatest, largest, most peaceful, romantic, beautiful place I have ever been. Everyone was just lounging around having picnics, riding bikes, rowing boats, and enjoying the fresh air. I would have loved to live there because I could spend every day, all day, in those gardens discovering new things. It could seriously take hours and hours, days and days to see it all. I didn’t even brush the surface. I can’t wait to go back. If I could just get a foot massage every couple hours I would be set. Bring a picnic and I could stay ALL DAY LONG. I am going to. I wish I could explain in words how amazing it was. I loved it!

Naturally I had two ice cream cones, mango and chocolate/vanilla, and a Panini. Everyone is always carrying around and eating huge loafs of bread, some just bread, some a sandwich, and I always wanted to. FINALLY I got one, a long Panini filled with chicken, mozzarella, and tomato. Yum Yum Yum. It was a lovely day. I spent 6 hours there including travel time. It was so nice!

That is basically all I did today, my feet kill but I am so happy, and I still can’t get over how HUGE the gardens are. WOW. Is it bad that I am not fully embracing every hour I am here out and about in the city? It is hard because I am by myself a lot and I don’t speak the language, so for both of those reasons going out to dinner and finding restaurants is really difficult. Also everything I would do by myself, like museums, are all closed by 6…. And shopping closes 8 ish, so what do I do all night???? I feel like I waste time in my room but really there is nothing I feel like I can do. It is not a good feeling. The next few days are filled with adventures though and I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment