Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Paris Day 6 with PICTURES


Paris DAY 6-Tuesday
We had class real early, 7:30, so we could head out and have a full day. We had to say 10 things that are different between NYC and Paris.
1)      Men dress MUCH MUCH MUCH better here (Paris). They dress better than the women here too.
2)      Bridal people/stores MUCH MUCH MUCH nicer and more welcoming here.
3)      Department stores MUCH MUCH MUCH better fashion here. In relation to my taste.
4)      Meals are slow, for leisure. They don’t do take-out much.
5)      They sit at tables side-by-side each other watching the road/view etc. rather than facing each other. Most of the time they are just drinking, a lot of the time alone. Just relaxing at the table. Again, very leisurely.
6)      They (Paris) carry loaf’s of bread like we (NYC) carry cups of coffee.
7)      MUCH more quiet night life, most everything is closes early. A lot less young people (in their 20’s) it feels like.
8)      They have a calmer, peaceful, more enjoyable attitude about everything. They stop on the streets to answer questions and walk you to where you want to go.
9)      MANY more wedding rings here. NYC I feel like NO ONE is married, no bands, all is focused on career. Here I get the feeling that family and career are BOTH necessary and important. In NYC when I see a wedding band I get very excited because I don’t see them enough.
10)   We (NYC) dress more professionally especially for women. I haven’t seen hardly ANY nice skirts/dresses/even blouses, and no pant/skirt suits on anyone. Barely any heels too.
11)   Our young adults are a lot more fashion forward, they take more risks in NYC than here and I think it is because we have cheap, affordable, trendy fashion stores (H&M, Top Shop, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, etc.) on every corner and here, not so much. I think we are able to get the ‘in-fashion/runway’ clothes easier.
Heather and I then went to 2 department stores. Printemps, which was awesome because they have 3 sections of the store, women’s, men’s, and beauty/home. In the B/H they had different food/chocolate/pastries on every floor. A whole department store basically devoted to sweets. LOVE IT! It was a pretty nice store, they had a small bridal section we were able to kind of look at but we couldn’t sneak any pictures. They also have a roof so we were able to see a great view of the city.
Then we went back to Galeries Lafayette because we were told they had a bridal section that we had missed when we went the first time. We were able to look, and could have made an appointment for a later day but they ended up giving us look books of most of their dresses so, we got all the pictures we needed! SWEET! I wish they all did that!
I was told I needed to go to the original Cosi, we have some in NYC but they ARE NOT like this one. THIS WAS SO DELICIOUS. I never knew such a simple sandwich could literally taste like heaven, so light and lovely.
We met up with the group for an appointment at Pecler which is a forecasting service. IT WAS AMAZING! Oh how I LOVE COLOR. We saw the color forecast for Fall/Winter 2011 and oh boy! I CANNOT WAIT to go to j.crew come next fall. I feel like I know j.crew, haha I basically am j.crew, and I think I can tell which of the color sets they will use from the forecast. It is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I seriously am looking forward to it SO much. Ah I would love that job, to play with color and inspiration all day! Those people are so creative and amazing. Basically we were so lucky because all designers/companies/stores/etc. pay $1000’s for this book and we got to look at it for FREE. And basically we were told to travel and watch movies/tv, that is where most inspiration comes!  Okay, I can do that!
A few of us went to an art inspiration book store and then to a fabric store. I stopped by the Louvre and saw the outside, but couldn’t go in, it is closed on Tuesdays. So depressed. We saw wedding pictures being taken in a park which naturally made me really happy! and I got a picture with Elder Wilkins! haha
 Then we had dinner at Café du Marche. I had duck and mashed potatoes, it basically melted in my mouth! Perfection. To top it off I got crème brulee and it was HUGE and DELICIOUS as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment