Saturday, June 19, 2010

Milan day 7

Last day in Milan.

We started the day going to a fabric mill. We saw how designer fabrics were made, embroidered. The machines, the technology, the archives, everything. IT WAS INCREDIBLE. Fabric is something that is just there for me, I never think about the actually designing/producing side of the fabric. WOW. This mill is family owned and has been around for a 100 years. They do fabric for all major designers. It was a once in a million opportunity.

Our class then went out to lunch to this panini place where there were about 100 different types of panini's to choose from. BUT all the ingredients were in Italian. Basically we had NO idea what to order or what anything meant. Everything was delicious though. I ended up with a sausage type meat and spicy mustard. (The panini pictured was not mine, but this one photoed better than mine did) Yum. Bailey made some paper crane's, Baja was playing with them. That is what happens when creative people are starving and waiting for their food.

Then we went back to the yarn store and I bought the most BEAUTIFUL set of colors. It was my souvenir from Milan. I LOVE COLOR so so so MUCH. There was supposedly the BEST gelato place that we were referred to. It took us a while to find it but it was worth it. So many flavors, I couldn't choose, so I got a 3 scooper. Cheesecake, Lime, and PINEAPPLE (A.M.A.Z.I.N.G).


Our class was given some fabric as a present from them mill we visited so we picked numbers and were able to choose 4 different pieces of designer fabric to have. VERY nice of them to give us some of their material.

Heather was set on eating horse meat while she was in Europe. It is illegal in America, and not very well advertised even in Europe where it is legal, so she hadn't been successful in finding a restaurant until tonight. We went to this random part of town, past a castle and a beautiful green field, to this little, dark, tavern where on they menu they had cavalli. horse. It was placed in a meat sauce on spaghetti, I tried it, but I didn't order it for my whole dish. It is really sweet but it was fine. I feel pretty cool, not many can say they have had horse meat.


Naturally we made our way to GROM, for our final goodbye. I had a 3 scooper. Fiordilatte, another attempt at graham cracker, it was kind of graham crackery with a light hazelnut flavor, delicious, and Melon on top. Okay guys, don't judge.... I happily consumed 21 scoops of gelato in one week.... awesome, I know!

After, Heather was trying to teach Bailey how to embroider.......on my bed sheet!... haha only FIT students....

It was a perfect end to my trip!

P.S.

Stephanie Meyer books are ALL over Milan, Go Stephanie. She has really made a name for herself and has done an amazing job with her career.

Nudity is allowed and accepted. There are billboards everywhere with this one ad were there are just 5 people, a mix of girls and guys, nude from the waist up, with animal masks on. weird. And there are nude girl paintings everywhere... weird. 

Guys dress GREAT. I saw salmon and lavender pants on guys, HOT!

Everything is so CHEAP. Minus travel (to and from Venice 45, and boat ride 25) it has only been 60 euro’s in 5 days. And I thought I was thrifty in Paris.

One thing I learned most on this trip is to ENJOY THE MOMENT. So many people spend their life complaining and it just ruins everyone's mood. Negative energy should be kept to yourself! Notice the little things, enjoy life and all it brings. Life is good. Embrace it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment