Friday, June 18, 2010

Milan Day 6


Tuesday June 15, 2010
We met as a class to discuss the lecture and to have my professor critique us. I was worried because I really don’t know how mine went, I didn’t have any notes and I didn’t know if I just ended up looking like a fool. My professor said if he gave an award I would get it, haha for being the most poised and handling the circumstance so well. He was seriously FLOORED that the guy would have said that to me. Oh man, we all had a good laugh. It went well though, I am happy. He said I was definitely the adult in the room. Basically this guy was a bit of a creeper, he was WAY too interested in the girls, and everyone noticed. My poor professor was sitting on one side of him and a girl from class on the other side… ya.. awkward, gross old man. Creeper.
Some of us in the group went back to the pizza place from the first day for lasagna. IT WAS AMAZING!! The workers there are a little… touchy. He kept grabbing our faces and pinching our cheeks… weird. Creeper #2. We tried to find this design museum, we were told to take the subway to this specific metro stop and it would only be 8 blocks away…… WRONG. We walked a good 45-60 mins. after we got off the subway. It was very nice out so I didn’t mind the walk. We stumbled across a gelateria, you know me… I had to get one. It was a cream with some sort of chocolate heaven mixed in. SO YUMMY. We continued walking and ran into the train station the runs right along the street we were trying to get to…. Hmmm… pretty sure the metro was a BAD idea. Oh well, so we get to the museum… CLOSED. Seriously. We were told by 2 people to go to this place, no one bothered to tell us it is closed… The sign only had specific things listed under mercoledi, which is Wednesday… Hmmm.. awesome. I am assuming it meant it was only open on Wednesdays… I don’t know.. basically it didn’t work out. Then we go back to the train, at this creepy deserted station and waited for about an hour for a train.. later we found out we were waiting by the wrong track. We had the right line, station, direction, etc… but, we were in the wrong place. FINALLY we made it home. 

There was this gelato place I had wanted to try, I had it marked on my map but the street name was Via Giovan Battista Pergolesi and the map had a road called Giovan Battista, and a different intersecting road called Pergolesi… So I figured it was at the intersection.. nope. But we did find this random guy who wanted to help, he even gave Heather a ride. Haha.. ya. 3rd creeper. We kept walking along the road Pergolesi hoping it would come up and it finally did. The place is called La Bottega del Gelato. AND thank goodness because it was to die for good. SO SO SO many flavors. I could hardly pick. EVERYTHING was DELCIOUS!! I ended up with 3 flavors I haven’t seen anywhere else (they had a LOT LOT LOT of flavors) Kiwi-perfection, Peach-so GOOD, and Avocado-definitely a winner, so delicious and creamy and nice!! Mmm Mmmm mmmm! I am up to 15 scoops I think…. Haha oh goodness. Basically not much got accomplished today, yet I was out until 5:30. Haha, oh vacations. So nice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment