Sunday, June 6, 2010

Paris Day 3

Still, no pictures...

I definitely need to come back again with a different agenda, I love it, and I would love to see the other side of the city, not just the shops, although those are amazing.

Today we were able to see the Yves Saint Laurent exhibit and it was hands down the most amazing/beautiful/inspiring thing I have EVER seen. He is famous, I knew that, but I didn’t know much about him at all. I completely fell in love with him and his stuff today, it changed my world. He was a genius. There were over 300 outfits there on display. The evening dresses were to die for; I wanted to wear every single one. They just shaped the body marvelously and were so flattering and were simply works of art. He also made the Tuxedo suit for women which were sculpted to perfection. It was a masterpiece of clothing. SPECTACULAR! I wish we could have taken pictures, it was so inspiring. Our fashion today, evening dresses, are HORRIBLE, so cheap and tacky. We need to bring back Yves Saint Laurent. Truly sensational.

We then walked around this magnificent street of boutiques; we didn’t get to stop in many so hopefully we’ll have time to go back. I feel like I am running out of time so fast. I really don’t know if I’ll get to see and do everything I want to. More reason to come back! Oh, and we got FREE drinks!

My professor took us to lunch at crepe restaurant and it was delicious. We had a savory crepe; I got spinach, cheese, tomato, and egg. We shared a dessert crepe, roasted chestnut, AMAZING!!!!!!! It has a special name but I can’t remember it, it was so good. It tasted almost like caramel. Yummy!

I decided it would be the perfect night for the Eiffel Tower! I went all by my little self and just marveled at its beauty from 8-11. I watched it in the daylight, I watched it turn orange, and I watched it sparkle. It is BEAUTIFUL. It would have been lovely to be with loved ones but it was as perfect as it could have gotten! I decided to not go up the tower because I want to wait until I am with friends/family to do so. I had an ice cream and a crème de maroon crepe (which is the same kind I couldn’t remember the name of this morning) It is chestnut flavor, very good! Paris is beautiful; everyone covered the fields just watching the tower sparkle in the night. Also, if I had a crepe every day I would be a happy person, I LOVE THEM! It was a beautiful evening! (haha, and yes I DID take a picture of the tower with my crepe! I am awesome)

Also, want to know how thrifty I am, I have only spend $55 in the 3 days I have been in Paris! AND I have still been having a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment